Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 19 Oct 21, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
jemett
Imagineer

Mobile

I think it’s absolutely disgusting that they are making a film about the worst sex offender that Britain has ever seen.

EMMA
jemett is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 21, 03:53 AM  
Link to this Post

Part of my job involves safeguarding, and a few years ago I attended a conference and one of the speakers was a member of the senior investigation team into Saville. He talked about how there had been multiple reports of Savilles abuse right from the start, and people who were in a position to act (such as BBC and hospital management) chose not to. He also said the health minister was made aware of mounting reports/evidence around six months before Saville died, but decided it wasn’t in the public interest to pursue it. The most sobering and sad thing he said was that if those early reports had been taken seriously and action taken then at least 500 children and vulnerable adults would have been protected from his abuse.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 21, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I met the smug, arrogant, entitled prat once when we positioned a Westland Lynx for the Lympstone open day. He was wearing a gold, lame jumpsuit and a Green Beret to which he was as unentitled to wear as that other smug arrogant prat, Prince Andrew. (neither has either undergone Commando training or the all arms course or even the Commando Test week and therefore they are both frauds), an insult to those of us that have. Green Berets (or Red) should never be ‘gifted’, whilst others have earned theirs. How such people can strut around wearing things that others have sweated blood for is utterly beyond me and I personally would be ashamed. It says a great deal about the character of these individuals that they are/were not.

I believe that if there were to be any programme on Mr Saville, then the BBC should be the very last persons allowed near it, as it is absolutely inevitable they will either cover or distort their own shocking failings.
To me, the whole sorry story is a litany of failings of the BBC and in fact, I consider their guilt to be almost on a par with Saville himself, as they clearly could have prevented the later offences by dealing with Saville as soon as the rumours started … by reporting them in their entirety to the Police. It is hardly as if this is the only occasion that paedophiles have been located in their midst and I often wonder if there were others involved both in the offending or covering up.

I can say without hesitation that were I an actor on any level (or director, cameraman or anything else), I would refuse to be involved, particularly if the BBC had a part in it.

Whilst firmly against the current ‘blame claim’ culture, I believe that the later victims of this odious creature should have very good grounds to sue the BBC, trouble is that they would simply pass on the costs to us mug taxpayers who fund them, whilst the culpable individuals bask in luxury, taxpayer funded retirement.

A shabby organisation from top to bottom that I would dearly like to see funding itself and in competition with its rivals. They would be bankrupt within 3 months, such is their largesse. I want no part in them, but have little choice.. even though I largely avoid watching or listening to them. (I do on occasion because I pay for it involuntarily).

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 08:14 AM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 21, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Only one word fits…..

Abhorrent

Disney332
Old 20 Oct 21, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jemett View Post
I think it’s absolutely disgusting that they are making a film about the worst sex offender that Britain has ever seen.
I completely agree with this, absolutely disgusting!
Old 20 Oct 21, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Same guy wrote the drama about Fred West & worked on Moorside (Shannon Matthesa drama)

whilst im surprised the BBC are doing it , maybe its a story that needs telling so this sort of outrage dosnt happen again ?

Edited at 09:02 AM.
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 21, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
I met the smug, arrogant, entitled prat once when we positioned a Westland Lynx for the Lympstone open day. He was wearing a gold, lame jumpsuit and a Green Beret to which he was as unentitled to wear as that other smug arrogant prat, Prince Andrew. (neither has either undergone Commando training or the all arms course or even the Commando Test week and therefore they are both frauds), an insult to those of us that have. Green Berets (or Red) should never be ‘gifted’, whilst others have earned theirs. How such people can strut around wearing things that others have sweated blood for is utterly beyond me and I personally would be ashamed. It says a great deal about the character of these individuals that they are/were not.

I believe that if there were to be any programme on Mr Saville, then the BBC should be the very last persons allowed near it, as it is absolutely inevitable they will either cover or distort their own shocking failings.
To me, the whole sorry story is a litany of failings of the BBC and in fact, I consider their guilt to be almost on a par with Saville himself, as they clearly could have prevented the later offences by dealing with Saville as soon as the rumours started … by reporting them in their entirety to the Police. It is hardly as if this is the only occasion that paedophiles have been located in their midst and I often wonder if there were others involved both in the offending or covering up.

I can say without hesitation that were I an actor on any level (or director, cameraman or anything else), I would refuse to be involved, particularly if the BBC had a part in it.

Whilst firmly against the current ‘blame claim’ culture, I believe that the later victims of this odious creature should have very good grounds to sue the BBC, trouble is that they would simply pass on the costs to us mug taxpayers who fund them, whilst the culpable individuals bask in luxury, taxpayer funded retirement.

A shabby organisation from top to bottom that I would dearly like to see funding itself and in competition with its rivals. They would be bankrupt within 3 months, such is their largesse. I want no part in them, but have little choice.. even though I largely avoid watching or listening to them. (I do on occasion because I pay for it involuntarily).
Very good post Cornishfrogboy and I so wish that Savile was held to account when he was alive and imprisoned for his vile crimes rather than dying believing he got away with it. Although those who protected him knowing his crimes should be in prison.

Increasing numbers of people are cancelling their TV licences and the BBC are sending letters that are very threatening to them (you and me would see them for what they are - nonsense), as well as sending out thugs who knock on doors intimidating people who don’t have a licence, but many people don’t realise that these door knockers have zero power and should not be engaged with but told to go away and the door closed on them.

Edited at 09:03 AM.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 21, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
Same guy wrote the drama about Fred West & worked on Moorside (Shannon Matthesa drama)

whilst im surprised the BB are doing it , maybe its a story that needs telling so this sort of outrage dosnt happen again ?
But not by what would seem almost a co offender… the BBC. They can hardly be called either independent or detached from what went on.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 21, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post

whilst im surprised the BB are doing it , maybe its a story that needs telling so this sort of outrage dosnt happen again ?
New BBC mini series coming soon…….

Gary Glitter - Do you wana be in my gang

Disney332
Old 20 Oct 21, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
But not by what would seem almost a co offender… the BBC. They can hardly be called either independent or detached from what went on.
yeah i agree hence why i said im surprised its on the BBC

them & numerous others were complicit / silent

plenty of people called him out over the years , famously John Lydon who did on the BBC then got banned by them
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List