Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 12 Oct 21, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

DCL 2023 itineraries announced

Anyone else been looking at the 2023 itineraries?

dclnews/2021/10/12/disne...in-early-2023/

dclnews/galleries/2021/1...aries/#slide-1

disneycruise.disney.go/

We’ve currently got April 2022 booked, postponed from April 2021. I wanted to book the same cruise for Easter 2023 in case we can’t get there in 2022, but it looks like it won’t be available. I was kind of expecting that, with the Wish taking over some of the Magic’s routes.. I guess we’ll be looking at the Wish itineraries instead, but they only have 4 night cruises at Easter.* Please please please let us get there in 2022, so we don’t have to miss out on our dream cruise!

It’s interesting that the Magic doesn’t have any planned itineraries in April or May - I wonder if they’re sending her over to Europe earlier than usual, and maybe offering a few of the UK staycation type cruises?

Ooh, maybe they’ll put on an EBTA in the Easter holidays! Yes please!

* Just seen there’s an Easter 5 night cruise on the Dream, so I guess that’s a possibility.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025

Edited at 05:37 PM.
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

I’m still looking to get on my first Disney cruise - we’ve been booked on the Magic out of Miami for the last 3 Easters and not made it. Can’t do Easter 2022 as son is doing GCSEs. Think I’ll book the double dip Castaway on the Dream out of Miami but will have to see when Easter school holidays end up. Wanted the Magic really for Rapunzel restaurant but maybe we could pick up Magic in Europe instead… or do we ditch the cruise and do Hong Kong Disney at Easter 2023? I’ve got a back log of holidays I want to do after covid stopped play… Decisions decisions….
Geordieprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 07:17 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Its usual that the Magic finishes its cruises in this release around April/May time as they usually have the transatlantic in early May and release that in the next release group.

Which cruise were you looking at?

The Wonder schedule is more interesting than the missing month for the Magic as its still not had its schedule released for November 2022 onwards. In this release April and May were released but nothing in between. I was hoping they might have sorted out the schedule for the other part of the year and released November through May but nope.
Old 13 Oct 21, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Geordieprincess View Post
I’m still looking to get on my first Disney cruise - we’ve been booked on the Magic out of Miami for the last 3 Easters and not made it. Can’t do Easter 2022 as son is doing GCSEs. Think I’ll book the double dip Castaway on the Dream out of Miami but will have to see when Easter school holidays end up. Wanted the Magic really for Rapunzel restaurant but maybe we could pick up Magic in Europe instead… or do we ditch the cruise and do Hong Kong Disney at Easter 2023? I’ve got a back log of holidays I want to do after covid stopped play… Decisions decisions….
Totally forgot about my oldest doing her GCSEs in 2023! I guess Easter is out anyway then. So I really need to get on my Easter 2022 cruise and then try a European cruise when the summer 2023 itineraries are released!
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
Its usual that the Magic finishes its cruises in this release around April/May time as they usually have the transatlantic in early May and release that in the next release group.

The Wonder schedule is more interesting than the missing month for the Magic as its still not had its schedule released for November 2022 onwards. In this release April and May were released but nothing in between. I was hoping they might have sorted out the schedule for the other part of the year and released November through May but nope.
That’s interesting about the Wonder - I didn’t look at that at all. I wonder what’s going on with that?

We were booked for the Easter holidays Bahamas cruise earlier this year, and again for 11-16 April next year. It is strange that there’s nothing for the Magic from the end of March 2023 - as you say, they’d usually be offering more Florida-based cruises through April and May before the EBTA. It does make me wonder if they might be moving the transatlantic forward to April and then have the Magic in Europe longer than usual. I guess we’ll have to wait until the spring release to find out!
Old 14 Oct 21, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post

Are you hoping for Asia like a lot of others or think longer stay on West coast for Hawaii?
Old 14 Oct 21, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
Are you hoping for Asia like a lot of others or think longer stay on West coast for Hawaii?
I think I'd like Asia if they did offer it - especially as my March Asia cruise ended up cancelled. It would be nice to try somewhere completely different. That said, Hawaii would also be nice I was still hoping for a Panama Canal cruise mind so quite sad it looks less and less likely
Old 21 Oct 21, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

Anybody booked anything today?
I’ve put a hold on Miami 5 night double dip castaway over Easter 2023 but I’m not sure… it’s more expensive than I would’ve liked and my previous cruise credit expires before then so I don’t have the extra 25% to play with. I was hoping it would be extended again but not looking likely!
Might just book it and decide in jan 2023.
Geordieprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We booked the 4 night Bahamas cruise 2-6th jan 2023 on the wish. We are doing the parks this Christmas and next May so the choice was to do the Disney parks again or just do universal with out annual passes and do a cruise and the cruise won!
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List