Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Nov 21, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Keegan View Post
I’m not sure if you’ve had the opportunity to travel abroad during COVID but the rule always has been over 6s onboard an aircraft. (Understand 2 is a lot younger though for US flights)

As mentioned in a previous post, the majority of crews are not looking for a fight or to ruin anyones holidays. If you’re actively trying to ensure your child wears a mask, that’s usually good enough.

The issue will be people boarding who just either fully refuse to make their child wear a mask or just don’t bother to encourage them to wear it. For the majority of families travelling, I’m not sure it’s something to overly worry about.

Unless you have internal US flights ofcourse.
Sorry I mean, under 12's within England haven't had to wear them out and about in shops etc so it's just not the norm for them and now we have to try convince them to wear one for half a day
Pre Trip Report| Trip Report

Charlangela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MJ6987 View Post
I’ve got some experience here, as mask wearing is also mandatory (law) on trains here in Wales - for adults. From my experience people are mixed roughly equally between wearing masks properly, wearing masks on chins and not wearing masks. The staff don’t bat an eyelid in any of these cases, so it’s probably not something worth being worried about.
The difference is that train crews do bot have the legal right to enforce the rules, they need the police to do that. Up in the air its a completely different kettle of fish, disobeying a safety order from a cabin crew member can result in an aircraft diverting and passengers offloaded and maybe having to pay the airline for the pleasure or even worse being arrested and jailed.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
I have flown 3 times in the last year and each time masks were enforced

Air France Oct 2020 - very clear that surgical masks must be worn at all times, constant announcements and crew telling passengers to put them back on

Jet2 Aug 2021 - very clear on rules, strict on boarding and leaving aircraft, queuing for toilets etc. Telling passengers to put masks on

Easyjet Oct 2021 - no boarding procedures, reminders to wear masks and everyone around me wore them so no reminders required.
The very fact that aircrew were constantly telling people to put their masks on and making announcements on 2/3 of your flights indicates that adults won’t comply in general. No different than Eurostar Iv experienced.
The mask uses gravity to push down. There’s no way anyone will wear a mask correctly for 8 hours. And even if removed to eat and drink it’s pointless if you have covid. You will still spread the virus. As for the return trip Zzzzzzzz your mask will fall unless you have a fitted mask.
It’s all about the airlines meeting their requirements to fly. A game we will endure to go on holiday.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
I don’t think you can compare a train to an aircraft just look at far evasion for a start totally different animals.
The railways have by laws which are enforced by the country of travelI presume the same on Eurostar.
I’m not sure their is jurisdiction when an airline is in the air over the Atlantic in no man’s airspace regarding a matter of masks.
I might be wrong and waiting to be put in my place.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Keegan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by myaquarium View Post
The railways have by laws which are enforced by the country of travelI presume the same on Eurostar.
I’m not sure their is jurisdiction when an airline is in the air over the Atlantic in no man’s airspace regarding a matter of masks.
I might be wrong and waiting to be put in my place.
It’s a condition of carriage for any airline which you accept along with a whole host of other things when you check in for your flight. Doesn’t matter where in the world your flight may be flying over.
Keegan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 21, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

Think is should be ok for everyone
youtube/shorts/s5RlOldpKwA?feature=share
My daughter is always eating

Edited at 12:59 PM.
themeparksandy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 21, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Originally Posted by themeparksandy View Post
Think is should be ok for everyone
youtube/shorts/s5RlOldpKwA?feature=share
My daughter is always eating
Very good!

To be fair, I’m the sort of person who snacks throughout flights anyway. Peanuts, crisps, and chocolates as it’s just something I tend to do to pass the time. It’s the main reason why I’m never hungry on the first night.
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 21, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
VS075
Serious Dibber

It'll be interesting to see whether they class eating as from first bite to last bite or literally just mask dropped whilst the food/drink goes in your mouth and then straight back up.
My experience on US borders opening day: https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1207820
VS075 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 21, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Originally Posted by VS075 View Post
It'll be interesting to see whether they class eating as from first bite to last bite or literally just mask dropped whilst the food/drink goes in your mouth and then straight back up.
The latter would be utter madness.
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 21, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
VS075
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by MarkUK View Post
The latter would be utter madness.
And yet the safest option if masks were to actually do any good. A bit of a pointless exercise wearing them if everyone on the flight is all unmasked for an hour across the two meal services, but there we go.

All comes down to the crew on the day and how difficult they want to be I guess.
My experience on US borders opening day: https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1207820
VS075 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List