Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 18 Nov 21, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gavvy View Post
I am for it too, but then I don't have kids who are unable to meet the rules, so it throws a massive spanner in works for families with young children.

Hopefully the UK will just allow everyone 2 vaccines, there is enough evidence now I think that the risk of side affects is very low in minors, and its not as if we don't have the stock. apparently the UK threw away 600,000 does of AZ last year as they went out of date.
but thats just the way travel will be for the next few years. Those who can meet the requirements set out by Governments and large companies like airlines, Disney etc will be able to travel, those who don't wont.

Yes it sucks but so does lockdowns and not being allowed further than 5 km from your house for non essential reasons and Police check points and fines for those who did not comply, but hey thats just what we had to do.

It sucked that Americans could come to Europe but we were banned from March 2020 to 8 November 2021, but hey thats what happened.

Travel the way it used to be in 2019 is gone and those who are unvaccinated for whatever reason just have to deal with the consequences.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bad Pink Tink View Post
I'm probably in the minority. If applies to the summer 2022 European cruises then I'm happy about this change. It will mean less children on my cruise and less risk of Covid on my cruise. I know Covid wont "be gone" but anything that lessons the risk is good to me.
The phrase "I'm alright Jack" springs to mind.

I don't have kids either but I have a great deal of sympathy for everyone impacted by this.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
The phrase "I'm alright Jack" springs to mind.
And so what if it does? I really don't care.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

The problem we have is that even if I vaccinate DD1 (who's 5 next year), she is only eligible for 1 dose here which in the states, is not seen as fully vaccinated as they are administering 2 doses to 5 year olds. So we still wouldn't be able to cruise anyway.

I fear these Covid rules are starting to go too far now and our freedoms are slowly being taken away. Very sad that we won't be able to take her on a Disney cruise just because our vaccination schedule is different to the US. And it's not like we're the only ones either, Canada haven't yet approved the vaccines for under 12's either.

I think they should just keep the testing in place. Some people have had the virus which makes them immune for a while anyway and others can't have the vaccine due to being allergic but are being ostracised regardless. I just don't agree with it, I don't think this should be a one size fits all, there should be allowances for these kinds of situations IMO.
Old 18 Nov 21, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

And so what if it does? I really don't care.
And that's what's wrong with society today, if everyone looked out for everybody and we really were in it together then people would be looking for solutions to these things rather than saying i don't care it don't affect me.

There are ways round this- by trying to get the government to vax all over 5s, given that's the way other countries are going its probably inevitable that this will happen here at some point, just a case of when.

At the moment the point it moot as it's not going into law yet, but it could happen and if it does it will cause yet more holiday plans to be cancelled or pushed back just like the cruise lines have forced people to rethink yet again.
Old 18 Nov 21, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
adambaz
Proud to wear my Ears

That's us cancelled for our Feb holiday.

Had 11 nights at Port Orleans, 4 nights at Hard Rock, and then capping off with a 3 night cruise.

3 kids at 6, 9 and 11 at time of travel, so none will be vaccinated (nor are there any UK plans to), so all of them are forbidden from the cruise.

To be honest, I was concerned with the logistics of the original requirements where they needed a PCR while in Florida 1-3 days before the cruise when the testing locations seemed to be quite far from Disney itself.

Had a refund from DCL after around 45 minutes wait on the phone.
Should get a credit note for the Flights.
Pending confirmation on refund from WDW for the 5x£50 deposits for the room (booked via travel agent, so Disney are holding out apparently).
adambaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

If some in Congress have their way nobody who is not vaccinated will be able to fly in or too USA

flyertalk/articles/c...&utm_campaign=

This may fail mind. Does not yet have POTUS backing
Not a problem for us. I have been to a few countries where having certain vaccines are mandatory for all so it's nothing new.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

And that's what's wrong with society today, if everyone looked out for everybody and we really were in it together then people would be looking for solutions to these things rather than saying i don't care it don't affect me.

There are ways round this- by trying to get the government to vax all over 5s, given that's the way other countries are going its probably inevitable that this will happen here at some point, just a case of when.

At the moment the point it moot as it's not going into law yet, but it could happen and if it does it will cause yet more holiday plans to be cancelled or pushed back just like the cruise lines have forced people to rethink yet again.
I am in Ireland, so I don't care about UK Law
If you think we were all in this together you are living in cloud land. Having been sworn at on the bus for opening windows and seeing how little regard people where I live have for mask mandates, and how some people spent lockdown sea swimming , going on walks in forests , making banana bread and learning new hobbies, while others lost their jobs and worried about paying bills and would they be homeless by the end of the month, I really dont care about others any more.
Old 18 Nov 21, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

Let’s hope it all get sorted by early next year.
Disney is for everyone but without children it would not exist as we know it. Hopefully everyone gets to take the kids next year to both Disney world and cruising.
Even without foreign kids the cruise will be packed with us kids.
The planes will be packed with uk kids. The more the merrier.
And kids being kids without their masks on.

Edited at 06:04 PM.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
damaged
Apprentice Imagineer

and again, reducing the risk for me when I fly to USA, so I'm all for it .
You realise there is a whole bunch of Americans still not vaccinated, right? You'll still be around them.
Upcoming: Feb 24' - Hubby's 40th
damaged is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List