Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 19 Nov 21, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
youre-nicked
VIP Dibber

Villa has been sold

During a bit of down time yesterday I had a bit of a browse on Realtor.com to do some dreaming when I found the Villa that we are booked into for our August stay was on there, its shown as pending which more or less is sold.

It had been listed for 11 days.

I then went on the the letting agents web site to get their contact details only to find that they had changed from Loyalty.usa to Magical stays, this I found weird as I would have thought that they would have informed booked customers of the change.

As a customer of Loyalty I couldn't get access to the my booking on the new web site, Magical stays claim its only a name change, they are still advertising Lake star villa for rentals and its shaded out when we had it booked.

I sent them an e mail and left them a voicemail yesterday and in a whole working day they have not responded, I know I might be a bit impatient but its quite important to me, it not only effects me but also the 2 other couples who were going as well.

I then noticed the following on Realtor at the bottom of the listing:

This is a fantastic property for either a vacation home or long term residence. Owners have many bookings that can transfer to the new buyer.

Looks like I'm forced into making a decision, do I:

1. Wait to see if the booking is honoured and risk leaving it too late if it does get cancelled and I struggle to find anything.

2.Cancel and find something else.

I'm sort of thankful that it happened now and not at the last minute.

It was only a $100 deposit so not losing much dosh.
Old 19 Nov 21, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

I would definitely pull out and look elsewhere for your villa. Preferably direct with the owner and not through a 3rd party.
#villas 2000, Direct Villas Florida, VR360.com, vrbo, just a few but recommend Direct Villas Florida all direct with the owner.
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 21, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Grandee
VIP Dibber

I've had this happen a couple of times where owners have sold their property, but they have both had the decency to e-mail and let me know what was happening. On both occasions they gave me the option of cancelling (with a full refund) or booking another property which they recommended. Both times I cancelled, got the refund and found myself another property. Best of luck OP.
Grandee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 21, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Tetrarch
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 23
In case it helps with your decision, we're currently in Florida and have met up with a friend who is a realtor. She tells us that villas are selling very quickly and often above market price but that they are being bought by US citizens from 'up north' who are moving down to Florida in droves now many are working from home. That means the likelihood is that the villa you have booked will not be sold as an ongoing vacation rental.

Debra

PS For any of our guests reading this, we met up with our friend as just that, NOT to discuss anything else!
Old 19 Nov 21, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Debra
Same on our estate villas just on the market for days and our mailbox was full of realtors flyers looking for homes to sell
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 21, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
shamu1
Imagineer

shamu1's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
i would ask for a refund and book else where.
we had this happen to us with a villa booked on thedibb. problem was we only found out when we got to the villa and there was a comment in the guest book from the new owners. we were very worried should we even be in the property as no one told us not a nice way to start a holiday
Old 19 Nov 21, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

This happened to us but thankfully to owner was very upfront and emailed us about the sale.
We did initially intend on keeping the booking with the new owner but he pretty much wanted full payment at booking and a high security deposit so we cancelled and rebooked elsewhere.
You still have loads of time to find somewhere else.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
youre-nicked
VIP Dibber

Thanks for all of your replies, I had noticed that as a regular visitor on Realtor that properties had been getting sold very quickly, a friend of mine sold his within a week and got £25K more than he had listed it for, I saw a programme where a realtor said exactly what Tetrarch mentioned, not only did the Rona nearly kill my wife, it stopped us going to the States for a while and now is trying to ruin it again

I spoke to a UK based letting agent yesterday who said that lots of people are selling at the moment because the market for sellers is so strong, I then tried to convince the family to stay in a hotel but they want to have our own pool where I just want stability.

I've given the Letting agent 2 days and they haven't responded to 2 e mails and a voicemail, even giving them the benefit of the doubt that they weren't aware of the sale you would have thought they could have replied saying that they are looking into things, this and the fact that they didn't tell me about the name change has made me lose faith in them.

I also had a look at the other properties that they have available and the prices are extortionate.

As soon as I come off here I will send them a cancellation e mail.

Had a look yesterday and found a couple of other options, only downside is because I booked the other one in April last year I got it for £2800 for the fortnight, the new ones I found are £4300, yes they are nice but its a bit of a jump in price. (there are 9 of us going)

Looks like I will be spending some more time today looking for Villas.