Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
There must be an option for guests without a smart phone or magic band. I'm sure you can get a proper ticket over there
You can pick up plastic tickets from the Will Call ticket desks outside the parks. Just show them your printed e-tickets / Will Call voucher.

See the following, for example:
plandisney.disney.go/que...ickets-456245/

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

It really isn't an issue, in some cases it is better just in case you forgot or lost the tickets on the way over, you can always revert back to the eticket.

Disney are pushing for people to use their phones for park entry, and you can link your eticket to your MDE account straight away, and use your phone for entry. If you have old magic bands you can link it to them, or you can buy some new ones while you are out there.

If none of those options appeal to you, the etickets MUST be exchanged at will call, they are not gate ready.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by dan223 View Post
If none of those options appeal to you, the etickets MUST be exchanged at will call, they are not gate ready.
Yes, I was going to mention that this statement from FloridaTix and OAT mentioned earlier was a bit misleading:

Originally Posted by ansi41 View Post
Both companies said that Disney were gate ready E-tickets that you could exchange at the gate or just add to the Disney app to use immediately.
These e-tickets aren't really gate ready. Potentially they are if you've already got something to scan at the tapstiles - an NFC-enabled smartphone, a MagicBand, or an old plastic ticket. But if you don't have one of those then you do need to go to the ticket desks and exchange the e-tickets for plastic tickets. You can't just scan the pieces of paper at the tapstiles.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 03:06 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 21, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Sunshiine
Getting to know the DIBB

I know that AttractionTickets.com send real Disney tickets and I have just seen that they have changed their Black Friday deal to $50pp Free Disney Spending Money which sounds pretty great.
Sunshiine is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 21, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sunshiine View Post
I know that AttractionTickets.com send real Disney tickets and I have just seen that they have changed their Black Friday deal to $50pp Free Disney Spending Money which sounds pretty great.
As mentioned above, really little benefit to real tickets these days. ATD is around £50 more expensive than OAT, so $25pp spending money is still not great. The $50 is also if you buy universal and disney, which again they are £84 more expensive than OAT.

Edited at 11:32 AM.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 21, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Sunshiine
Getting to know the DIBB

I understand what you are saying dan223 but for me, booking with a company i trust is more important than saving a few quid and based on my recent experience with FloridaTix, i would sooner give my money to Attractiontickets.com every day of the week.

And personally i think that having real tickets is still important. There's no stress worrying about whether they are going to work and no wasted time exchanging them at the gate. Plus we get all the extras when we order with Attraction Tickets and my children love to keep the tickets as souvenirs, so if nothing else it keeps them happy.
Sunshiine is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 21, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sunshiine View Post
I understand what you are saying dan223 but for me, booking with a company i trust is more important than saving a few quid and based on my recent experience with FloridaTix, i would sooner give my money to Attractiontickets.com every day of the week.

And personally i think that having real tickets is still important. There's no stress worrying about whether they are going to work and no wasted time exchanging them at the gate. Plus we get all the extras when we order with Attraction Tickets and my children love to keep the tickets as souvenirs, so if nothing else it keeps them happy.
Personally I'm using Orlando attraction tickets, which is even cheaper than floridatix, a very reputable company.

You can link voucher tickets to your MDE app before hand, so you know they are going to work. If you still want the tickets you can still do so by exchange at will call, take all of about 5 minutes.

OAT also give a ton of extras including gatorland tickets, play 4 less card, discounted shopping vouchers, and a load more.

For me I want Discovery cove ultimate non swim, disney/universal, and kennady, for 7 adults.
OAT: £5650.68
AT: £6664

All are technically gate ready tickets, Disney being gate ready if you use your phone or pair it to an existing magic band before hand. Regardless even if all of them needed to be exchanged, for over £1k in savings, it is a no brainer to me.
Old 24 Nov 21, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Hmr89
slightly serious Dibber

We took our 'straight to the gate' paper tickets to the desk in Hollywood Studios last week and they were happy to link them to plastic tickets.

We wanted them specifically as souvenirs as I love the branding of the 50th tickets. It took 2 mins and they were happy to do it.
Hmr89 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List