Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 23 Nov 21, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Realeyez12
New Poster (3)

Best "Last Night" dinner?

Hi, we'll be a group of 5 x Adults and 3 x Kids and it'll be the first ever trip to Orlando for 4 of the group.

I'm trying to find somewhere with a bit of the "wow" factor (but kid friendly) for our last meal together before flying home.

Was thinking Ohana (but seen the menu has recently changed) or Sanaa on Disney property but wondered if anyone had other recommendations elsewhere in the Orlando/Kissimmee area?

TIA
Realeyez12 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 21, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Personally I wouldn’t eat at ‘Ohana if it was free but that’s just me .

Check out my food report for some better ideas

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1208090
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 21, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Welcome

Ohana is probably a good choice, although not my personal pick. Food is well liked by most, and having that castle view out the window definitely has the wow factor. The menu should be back to normal as far as I'm aware. It had a few changes when it first reopened that weren't well received, so they removed those items. The main difference is that you're served meats in a skillet now instead of having the skewers walked around the restaurant.

ETA: My choices food wise don't have a wow factor element to them. On my last night, you'll probably find me at Casey's.

Edited at 10:40 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 21, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Toledo - Gran Destino Tower - with view of all the Disney Parks and Fireworks where appropriate.

Disney332
Old 23 Nov 21, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

To please the kids I'd pick T-Rex
2point is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 21, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
My honest opinion and probably just me but I always like the idea of the last night big meal but by the time we reach that point we are so stuffed from the previous days that it’s never been a great success. We did Ohana one year, final night and it was a disaster, we were tired, over fed etc. Last trip we went to Mannys as we’d loved it earlier in the trip and it was awful. I currently have on my list Steakhouse 71 as our final meal but thinking it would be wise to move that earlier and get something more simple final night at the last minute.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 21, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Realeyez12
New Poster (3)

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
My honest opinion and probably just me but I always like the idea of the last night big meal but by the time we reach that point we are so stuffed from the previous days that it’s never been a great success. We did Ohana one year, final night and it was a disaster, we were tired, over fed etc. Last trip we went to Mannys as we’d loved it earlier in the trip and it was awful. I currently have on my list Steakhouse 71 as our final meal but thinking it would be wise to move that earlier and get something more simple final night at the last minute.
Think you might be right. With the stress of packing up etc too.

May be better to do something on the penultimate night, maybe

Thanks guys
Realeyez12 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 21, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

We are two adults and tend to like a fine dining type of meal for last night, Cali Grill, Narcoossee or similar. But with a larger group, more mixed tastes, I think I might go for theming and ambience over food, so maybe something like BOG.

If you can get it, Space 220 seems to have the wow factor.

Edited at 10:20 AM.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 21, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Sorry/not sorry for nearly always defaulting to the Cali Grill for any kind of special occasion and, if you've enjoyed the fireworks from Main Street, it's nice to get another perspective of them.

Sanaa isn't a bad shout either, particularly if you've not spent any time around the Animal Kingdom Lodge(s) over the course of your holiday. The only thing I'd say is I think it's a better visit in daylight, so if it were for dinner, I'd suggest making it a relatively early one (depending on time of year and sunset) and getting there early to take in the outside views before your meal.

A slightly left field option: Tokyo Dining, but wait it out for a window table. You get wonderful views over Epcot\s World Showcase watching the world go by (pun not intended) and, depending on the time of your dinner, a view of the show too.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 21, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
dannigizmo
Serious Dibber

One of best ever last meals of holiday was actually the Hoop De Doo was soo much fun but not for the food, which was decent but u go for the fun and entertainment.

We then took the boat over from Wilderness Lodge to MK as sun was going down and was just soo lovely and special and we then went and watched wishes. I was all emosh, not that it takes much with me lol!

We also did the firework cruise on our last nite in 2019 and was so special. We just went for nice meal beforehand off site at Longhorn, one of our favs. Was a fab last night.
You could do the cruise with a nice meal at Steakhouse 71 as see the reviews for there are fab, or do DS Homecomin or Boathouse and then head over. Am just giving you more ideas to spend more money, sorry!
dannigizmo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List