Notices

Old 19 Nov 21, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Ok so revised all Florida hotels, all booked and amended. Refund received for the flights from LA to Orlando. I had that back on my credit card within 48 hours of cancellation from Delta which is great.

New plan and I promise it won’t be changed! I will update the first page at some point but can’t face it yet!

August 7th-29th August
LGW to Tampa
5 Nights at Cabana Bay
5 Nights at Royal Pacific Resort
12 Nights at Disney All Star Music.
Tampa to LGW

So for the extra 6 nights I’ve allocated 5 of those to Cabana Bay. We stayed here in 2017 and absolutely loved it. Probably my favourite Orlando hotel. We’ve just not had the opportunity to return so I’m really, really pleased to going back. We’ve gone for the family suite.

I’ve deducted a night from the Royal Pacific Resort so we have 5 nights there now. With being at Cabana Bay we can use early entry from there for Volcano Bay.

We’ve added an extra two nights at All Star Music to take that to 12 nights. As we’re not going to Disneyland we wanted a bit of extra time in Walt Disney World. I was able to change this last night with no issue. Dining credits have been added for the extra days. I’ve also added Genie+ to our booking at the cheaper price. We’re going to use it so it’s more cost effective now with the extra two nights.

We have free Busch Gardens tickets from a horrible trip in 2019 which we will use and may also go to Kennedy Space Centre but the extra six days I’m not going to fill them completely. We will have an easy first day and dedicated shopping day but a bit more scope to chill a bit.

Really pleased with the changes. I think after adding Genie+ it will be about £1500 cheaper over all. A bit more manageable for me. Money wasn’t the only factor in changing but that does take the pressure off a bit.

Will update when plans are more firm for individual days but flights, cars, hotels are set. I even changed the address on the Esta forms. I was nervous doing that in case I mucked it up but was easy and thought I’d better not turn up in Tampa with an California hotel listed as our location.

Edited at 08:17 AM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

We’ve had changes to our trip also- we swapped both our club level stay at HRH and Yacht club as we decided we wanted to add the genie plus, so to re-coup some costs swapped to Cabana Bay and CBR. We are also at Cabana Bay from 7th August for 4 nights- really looking forward to this as love the whole mid-century modern vibe. See you there!
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by jojo_3596 View Post
We’ve had changes to our trip also- we swapped both our club level stay at HRH and Yacht club as we decided we wanted to add the genie plus, so to re-coup some costs swapped to Cabana Bay and CBR. We are also at Cabana Bay from 7th August for 4 nights- really looking forward to this as love the whole mid-century modern vibe. See you there!
See you there
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
So I’ve sorted one of our extra days. I’ve bought Kennedy Space Centre tickets. It only cost me £70 for the 4 of us which is brilliant. It was a Black Friday offer with Orlando attraction tickets. Not used them before but happy to take a chance at that price. They are currently £42 per person with Attractiontickets.com. We last went in 2017 and had a nice day. I’m a big fan of the Apollo missions so pleased to be going again. Lily is excited as well. I always worry about what Evie will make of it as the bus tour was pointless for her but she’s happy to go again.

So with the free Busch Gardens tickets that 2 days sorted without much extra cost. Rest day, shopping day and Volcano Bay will sort the rest of those days out.
Old 21 Nov 21, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Shame about LA but it sounds like you made the right decision for you. Nice split of hotels, we are a bit similar in the summer with 8 nights at Disney, POFQ, 9 at Cabana Bay, which is a new one for us, we have an interior family suite and 5 nights at Portofino. We are July though.

Sounds like you have a great plan now for your extra days.

Edited at 05:31 PM.
Rescuer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Shame about LA but it sounds like you made the right decision for you. Nice split of hotels, we are a bit similar in the summer with 8 nights at Disney, POFQ, 9 at Cabana Bay, which is a new one for us, we have an interior family suite and 5 nights at Portofino. We are July though.

Sounds like you have a great plan now for your extra days.
Thank you. Cabana Bay is great. I’m sure you’ll love it.
Old 25 Nov 21, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
I have got my planning mojo back.

After doing not a lot for the last couple of months I’ve been doing quite a bit recently. I received our Kennedy tickets in the post yesterday. Proper tickets and only £17 a ticket. Also to go with our free tickets for Busch Gardens I bought quick queue unlimited with one ride of Iron Gwazi in a Black Friday deal. That’s the only other “extra” I’m buying.

I’m now busy looking at food choices. I’m actually really undecided on what we will do at Disney. I initially thought we’d go full out Disney places on our 12 nights and do loads of Disney table service meals. In reality there is only 6 or 7 we’d do. I might change my mind but think we will maybe do those 6/7 and eat offsite on other days around the 192 area. At Universal I think Citywalk has 3 places we’d eat so think the IDrive area will be our main source for evening meals. We didn’t get to Teak last time but definitely going to go on our first full day this time. Excited to be going back there.

Ps started a diet one month before Xmas. Clever.
Old 22 Dec 21, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Haven’t posted much in awhile. In all honesty I’ve lost a little bit of heart about the trip with the new variant. As I’m self employed, if a lockdown happens I think it would put an end to the trip as I wouldn’t be able to work. if it’s just a two week circuit breaker than I’ll be ok. Proper lock down then no. Also a little scared about the danger of not being able to fly home if we catch Covid but august should be a little different. It’s money due to lockdown which is my big issue. Keeping everything crossed.
Old 22 Dec 21, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
SuziQz
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Haven’t posted much in awhile. In all honesty I’ve lost a little bit of heart about the trip with the new variant. As I’m self employed, if a lockdown happens I think it would put an end to the trip as I wouldn’t be able to work. if it’s just a two week circuit breaker than I’ll be ok. Proper lock down then no. Also a little scared about the danger of not being able to fly home if we catch Covid but august should be a little different. It’s money due to lockdown which is my big issue. Keeping everything crossed.
I do feel for you with your livelihood being up in the air all the time. Enjoy your Christmas and fingers crossed for better news in 2022 so we can all crack on with summer plans 🛫
2019 DCL - Northern Europe
2020 YC/HRH - delayed to 2022
2021 DCL - 4 night Staycation
2022 YC/HRH v2!, 2023 DCL - Alaska
2024 DCL - Spain
SuziQz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 21, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by SuziQz View Post
I do feel for you with your livelihood being up in the air all the time. Enjoy your Christmas and fingers crossed for better news in 2022 so we can all crack on with summer plans 🛫
Thank you Hoping the news that’s it milder will make a lockdown less likely. 2 weeks max and I’ll be ok. I’m keeping off the current issues forum so I’m not completely up to speed.