Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 20 Nov 21, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
My other dilemma is I'd planned meals on previous cancelled trips at Le Cellier and Coral Reef, and now Space 220 is on that list - that's 3 table service meals at Epcot! I think i'm going to have to choose 2 of them to stick to the budget (2 visits to Epcot planned).

We plan on going back for xmas 2022, so i'm wondering if Le Cellier will be the more "Christmassy" option 😄
You could have a drink in the lounge at Space 220 instead of the meal, much cheaper and still get the experience.

Coral Reef normally has the candlelight processional dining package too, which is a nice to have if you'll be there on a day with a popular narrator.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
You could have a drink in the lounge at Space 220 instead of the meal, much cheaper and still get the experience.

Coral Reef normally has the candlelight processional dining package too, which is a nice to have if you'll be there on a day with a popular narrator.
Ooh, good thinking. Thank you.

I'm trying to experience every restaurant at WDW (over a lifetime, not in the week we're there lol), and I've eaten at Coral Reef but DH hasn't. I really enjoyed it there, and think he would too. We got married in an aquarium, so it's quite fitting 😂
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Kidd McFluff
slightly serious Dibber

We got married in an aquarium, so it's quite fitting 😂
I just pictured the two of you in snorkels and flippers with Dori and the crew!

Agree about La Cellier. It'd be great for a cozy Christmas meal.

We have a similar issue with eating in EPCOT...so much choice and so little time!

I'm sure $200 will be fine for the stay but $300 would be more fun! Don't forget the cocktails! You can easily drink away $60 without trying too hard

Plan on spending $300 a day and then congratulate yourself on your amazing budgeting skills when you underspend by $400. A great excuse to buy something nice on your last day!
Kidd McFluff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 21, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaxx
Getting Excited

Following this thread with interest! $300 a day for 2 adults seems reasonable for us, especially as its our honeymoon and we will definitely be partaking in regular cocktails!
Jaxx is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 21, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Jaxx can recommend Abracadabar at Boardwalk, something a little different & if eating at the Flying Fish you can carry them through. Only ones we didn't like were at Whispering Canyon, they just tasted like pure alcohol & not in a good way!
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 21, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaxx
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
Jaxx can recommend Abracadabar at Boardwalk, something a little different & if eating at the Flying Fish you can carry them through. Only ones we didn't like were at Whispering Canyon, they just tasted like pure alcohol & not in a good way!
SD

Thanks! Abracadabar is definitely on the list as we are staying at the Beach club!
Jaxx is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

I think thats do-able, its just alcohol that will push it up, we are aiming for $300 a day, mainly eating offsite this time but we like to have a couple of cocktails each with our evening meal, Disney Springs seems a little bit cheaper for food than the parks and hotels, a few places have a happy hour if i remember right- Terralina used to do offers on pizzas

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 21, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
FAcup14
Getting Excited

Sorry to necro the thread.

The three of us 2 adults, 1 6 yr old.

Some details:

The two adults aren't big eaters so we are happy with either a big lunch/dinner and something for breakfast.

The little one eats like he hasn't ever been fed though I expect we'll have something else to hand probably from an amazon delivery or something. Ideally we'd not carry around entire meals for us every day.

I know i want to eat at Teppan Edo, Coral Reef, Chef Mickeys breakfast, Crystal Palace. Optional are: Cape May Cafe, Sanaa.

So what would be a reasonable food budget?
FAcup14 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 21, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FAcup14 View Post
Sorry to necro the thread.

The three of us 2 adults, 1 6 yr old.

Some details:

The two adults aren't big eaters so we are happy with either a big lunch/dinner and something for breakfast.

The little one eats like he hasn't ever been fed though I expect we'll have something else to hand probably from an amazon delivery or something. Ideally we'd not carry around entire meals for us every day.

I know i want to eat at Teppan Edo, Coral Reef, Chef Mickeys breakfast, Crystal Palace. Optional are: Cape May Cafe, Sanaa.

So what would be a reasonable food budget?
Thank you for bumping the thread, I'd missed a few comments!

Well, we're now looking at $200ish per day. It sounds like you have a similar food plan to us minus the little'un. So perhaps just over that would be OK?

How long are you going for?
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 21, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
FAcup14
Getting Excited

Thank you for bumping the thread, I'd missed a few comments!
Ha! No worries!

Well, we're now looking at $200ish per day. It sounds like you have a similar food plan to us minus the little'un. So perhaps just over that would be OK?

How long are you going for?
I'm feeling that way. I originally had like £140 a day which is about $200. Though that feels quite expensive. I'm a first timer(well unless you count 1994 as an 8 year old) going in August, so im trying to figure out food now. A meal at Teppan Edo is looking at about ~£175(including drinks and tip). But that is definitely not something that will(or in fact can) happen every day.
FAcup14 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List