Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Nov 21, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
sassysar
Apprentice Imagineer

sassysar's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I really wish a clear date would be announced flying back from Tenerife in the morning and no clue if this applies to us !
If no further info will just do our lateral flows
sassysar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 12:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

I know that it states anyone flying back from anywhere into the UK, but does anyone know if that includes the Republic of Ireland? Yes, I do know that is outside of the UK before anyone jumps on that, but the reason I ask is because when there was no travel allowed into the UK, Ireland was excluded from those rules and were allowed to travel (as far as the UK government were concerned anyway!) My Mum is supposed to be coming from UK to us in Ireland for Christmas (if we get to that point without restrictions!) so just wondering if this would apply to her going home?
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 12:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
Importantly, you will need to self isolate until your test result is known. You may not immediately return to work or school.
Well, that ≈≈≈≈s up a half-term Saturday - Saturday (so, landing back on Sunday morning) half-term trip when two people need to be in school on the Monday morning.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 12:55 AM  
Link to this Post
AJ86
Excited about Disney

Oh how confusing, I am at jfk airport now and nothing has been said. Virgin have checked my plf that is it. I’ve been keeping an eye on the fco website and until that has been updated I’ll stick to the original plan. Let’s hope nothing happens on arrival to Heathrow.
AJ86 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 01:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by AJ86 View Post
Oh how confusing, I am at jfk airport now and nothing has been said. Virgin have checked my plf that is it. I’ve been keeping an eye on the fco website and until that has been updated I’ll stick to the original plan. Let’s hope nothing happens on arrival to Heathrow.
I'm sure you'll be fine - you'e unintentionally timed it perfectly!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 01:19 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
Well, that ≈≈≈≈s up a half-term Saturday - Saturday (so, landing back on Sunday morning) half-term trip when two people need to be in school on the Monday morning.
You can get 3hour PCR tests but they are more expensive.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 01:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

The date for the change to PCR test on arrival hasn’t been confirmed yet just that it’s sometime next week so til then lateral flow arrivals test will be fine
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 02:26 AM  
Link to this Post
iPotato
Proud to wear my Ears

Waiting to return now Sat 27th, so will update you when I get to LHR

Fingers crossed we'll just get away with it. Already have LFT booked
Old 28 Nov 21, 02:28 AM  
Link to this Post
anita1963
Imagineer

Originally Posted by iPotato View Post
Waiting to return now Sat 27th, so will update you when I get to LHR

Fingers crossed we'll just get away with it. Already have LFT booked
Us to ..but delayed so will miss appointment time ..what a pain!
anita1963 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 03:46 AM  
Link to this Post
amf
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridadreams View Post
I know that it states anyone flying back from anywhere into the UK, but does anyone know if that includes the Republic of Ireland? Yes, I do know that is outside of the UK before anyone jumps on that, but the reason I ask is because when there was no travel allowed into the UK, Ireland was excluded from those rules and were allowed to travel (as far as the UK government were concerned anyway!) My Mum is supposed to be coming from UK to us in Ireland for Christmas (if we get to that point without restrictions!) so just wondering if this would apply to her going home?
Ireland and UK are both in the Common Travel Area so no covid testing required from the UK side.
amf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List