Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Nov 21, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
linnite
Imagineer

I presume this problem will either accelerate and get worse, or fizzle out. Pretty quickly. It won't stay just like it is now, I am sure of that.

Nov '01 - I-Drive ... May '09 - DL Paris ... Aug '11 - Pop ... Aug '13 - SSR ... Aug '15 - A/S Music + HRH ... Aug '17 - RPR,CBR,AKL ... Feb '18 - Cabana Bay ... Feb '19 - Aventura + A/S Sports ... Dec '21 Dolphin and HRH... Aug '23 Endless Summer and A/S Music
linnite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by linnite View Post
I presume this problem will either accelerate and get worse, or fizzle out. Pretty quickly. It won't stay just like it is now, I am sure of that.
Agreed.

Briefly caught Simon Calder on 5Live around 9:45 this evening, who said "the world is closing up again", and having just skimmed through some of the news of the day, having been out and about, it does feel like that.

As you say, the newly-imposed restrictions will either prove to be precautionary and be quickly rolled back again, or they will be the first steps of nearly everything closing up again as countries desperately do whatever they can to try and retain control of their own territory.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 12:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Sunset girl
Imagineer

I’m sure I saw fleetingly Biden on tv saying that the USA has closed borders to the African countries affected by this new virus
And I thought at the time every country who has cases will also be closed to the USA- then I thought of everyone here who has bookings
Let’s hope it doesn’t happen
🤞🤞🤞
Old 28 Nov 21, 12:30 AM  
Link to this Post
HORSE
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Stitchesmumanddad View Post
Id just fly to a non red country - enjoy ten more days of holiday, then fly in from there if the uk change the status

Its madness that people actually pay that sort of money to be stuck in a crappy uk hotel !
And that’s why new variants enter the country, right now there will be people in the countries who have the new variant thinking exactly the same as you are 🤷🏼
Absolute selfishness
Then the same people will complain about their holiday plans being upset
HORSE is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 12:30 AM  
Link to this Post
SamH88
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
I’m cancelling all my travel plans as we are not wearing masks and taking multiple PCR tests. This includes trips to Christmas markets.

Well done Boris😡
Are you seriously angry at your prime minister for taking measures to try protect people just because it will effect your holiday plans?
SamH88 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 01:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Buffyp
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by HORSE View Post
And that’s why new variants enter the country, right now there will be people in the countries who have the new variant thinking exactly the same as you are 🤷🏼
Absolute selfishness
Then the same people will complain about their holiday plans being upset
This is primarily a holiday and travel forum. If you don’t like people being upset about their hugely expensive holidays potentially being disrupted ,especially when already vaccinated to the hilt then I suggest you post on another forum not related to travel. Or at least the current issues forum which I, personally, have hidden precisely so I don’t have to put up with accusations of selfishness.
Buffyp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 01:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Buffyp
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by SamH88 View Post
Are you seriously angry at your prime minister for taking measures to try protect people just because it will effect your holiday plans?
Again,this is a holiday forum. Please don’t lecture people on what they should and should not be upset about.
Buffyp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 01:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by Buffyp View Post
Again,this is a holiday forum. Please don’t lecture people on what they should and should not be upset about.
Not sure I can see a lecture, just a question.

You might not like what is being implied by that question, but that still doesn't make it a lecture.

(Don't shoot me for pointing this out - I'd like to go on holiday too please!)

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 01:22 AM  
Link to this Post
HORSE
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Buffyp View Post
This is primarily a holiday and travel forum. If you don’t like people being upset about their hugely expensive holidays potentially being disrupted ,especially when already vaccinated to the hilt then I suggest you post on another forum not related to travel. Or at least the current issues forum which I, personally, have hidden precisely so I don’t have to put up with accusations of selfishness.
Don’t like people being upset about their hugely expensive holidays potentially being disrupted, or don’t like people being hugely selfish and talking about how they’ll get around systems being put in place to hopefully not have us all ending up back at square one with no travel permitted.
You keep your blinkers on and hide reality if you want, the attitude of these selfish individuals is why we’ll all be having to put up with these restrictions for much, much longer
HORSE is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 01:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Harry
Imagineer

Harry's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Oh gawd...

"... he is moving like a TREMENDOUS machine... "
Harry is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List