Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Nov 21, 01:30 AM  
Link to this Post
HORSE
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Buffyp View Post
Again,this is a holiday forum. Please don’t lecture people on what they should and should not be upset about.
When did a question become a lecture ?
HORSE is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 01:39 AM  
Link to this Post
SamH88
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Buffyp View Post
Again,this is a holiday forum. Please don’t lecture people on what they should and should not be upset about.
How was it a lecture? I asked if the person is really that angry about having to wear a mask to protect people. Something that pretty much every other country has continued to do the whole time.
SamH88 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 01:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Again, I REALLY want to go on holiday, but it feels like I've witnessed both of these moods on here...

Delta o'clock: We should have shut down the border to India quicker. By not doing so, we imported lots of Delta and that made everyone else think we were dirty and bad.

Omicron o'clock: No-one should shut any borders. Variants are doing what variants do. PS: I want to go on holiday.

Anyone else see the contradiction?

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 02:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Florida White
Excited about Disney

Was feeling great until 48 hours ago but not so now. Due to fly 8 Jan paid travel insurance yesterday but none seem to cover you if UK ban travel to the US. Gutted optimism is dwindling but just hoping for the best.
Florida White is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 02:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Andy
Imagineer

They'll be more variants next year, and 2023 and so forth - maybe the new abnormal is just life like it is now? Making most people too nervous to book anything and therefore not travel and never bother going abroad. Doesn't sound like a very enjoyable existence.
Mr Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 02:54 AM  
Link to this Post
corrinda
Imagineer

We staying over tomorrow for,our early flight had our test today a d already booked out day 2 test last week as only going for a week I will have to see if we can change them more stress for next 24 hrs .
corrinda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
mouskevik
Imagineer

My trip to Spain next week is cancelled as my three single jabbed teenagers are no longer allowed in from 1st December.

Luckily I haven't lost much money as everything was either refundable or available as vouchers.

I hope my Florida trip is ok for next summer. Really hope those of you going away soon are still able to and can relax when you get there 🙂
Sandy Ridge/Miami/HRH - Aug 2019
mouskevik is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

Yes, 100% feeling concerned. With typical bad timing we ordered our day 2 lateral flow tests yesterday morning 🙄
We didn't even book the trip until the announcement about the borders being reopened had been made 😔
Old 28 Nov 21, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Dogwalker
VIP Dibber

Just in case this information is useful to anyone.
I had already booked day 2 LF tests through Qured and they have said that if your kit hasn’t been posted out yet (mine hasn’t) you can get a full refund.
They sent an email with a link to apply for your refund this morning.
I’ve now booked day 2 PCR tests instead
Dogwalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Trying not to stress about it, as much as I REALLY want the holiday, there are far worse things to lose in a global pandemic than a holiday/ money.

My thoughts are that we’ll see more restrictions on unvaccinated rather than borders closing again, Biden focused very much on vaccination status than infection rates when he reopened the borders, hopefully they’ll start putting their own house in order.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List