Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Nov 21, 12:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by Big Belle View Post
Thank you for this post. Well said!
Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
I don’t want to hijack the thread but I can swim here fresh (river) and sea I generally only swim sea. We are lucky deeply shelving beach so you don’t have to walk out for miles unless we have a very low tide. We have a pull (current) that can be strong but it pulls along the coast and we rarely get a rip and when it does it’s not so strong that I can’t swim against it. We generally get slack an hour either side of high tide and if the current is strong we can always swim within the groins.

Coolest I swam last winter was water 6c air -3c that was tough but felt like a real achievement.

I would encourage anyone to do it but when you start a pin absolute maximum of one minute per degree, never swim on your own, wear hat, gloves and shoes and if in sea use a tow float

Hijack away - getting outside and being comfortable with being uncomfortable is one of the best things any of us can do.

I'm still full of Covid-y chestiness and coughing but I had a glorious 10.5 miles plodding up and down hills today and, because I procrastinated about going out, I managed to catch a stunning sunset from up high on the South Downs.

It was -1, the puddles on the trails were frozen over and I was wearing short shorts. It was utterly glorious!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List