Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 Nov 21, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jack&LucysMumy View Post
Yes thank you I have given them the information of what I need. The lady I got today was very helpful but it’s the doctors that are being sniffy about it.
Fingers crossed for you. I did have to email 3 times and go to speak to the receptionist. I can understand why they may not want to or have the time but keep with it, hopefully it will pay off.

Edited at 07:32 PM.
disney20042012 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 21, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
katy341
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disney20042012 View Post
Did you see the letter I got from the doc's on the other thread, maybe email them an outline of what you need the letter to include.
What was in your letter?

My sons pcr email has just come through and it doesn't say a date of usolation ending just says 10days after symptoms... my surgery has said to show email and they will ask doctor (its doctors discretion) but hiw do I prove when his isolation ends... he had symptoms 2days before pcr
katy341 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 21, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
katy341
Imagineer

12 Yr old with covid...please help

So it's all official... DS has tested positive. As he is 12 he cant get the nhs app with the recovery qr code... allbi have is his lateral flow positive result and the next day his pcr result. His symptoms started 1 day before his LFT result... I have no way of proving that though do I? I have nothing that says an actual date of his isolation period ending.

My Gp has said they can do a letter on receipt of his certificate showing when isolation can end but I don't have a date in writing!

He should cone out of isolation 2days before flying...

Any ideas? I'm desperate 😪
katy341 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 21, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Just pray he tests negative on LFT before flying, you don't need a pcr to fly to the states
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 21, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
katy341
Imagineer

I'd rather have a recovery letter being so close my issue is not having a date on the email from nhs. It gives the date of pcr but this was two days after symptoms. I do have an email with date of positive LFT I wonder if they will accept both emails
Old 30 Nov 21, 12:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Tubbyherman
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by katy341 View Post
So it's all official... DS has tested positive. As he is 12 he cant get the nhs app with the recovery qr code... allbi have is his lateral flow positive result and the next day his pcr result. His symptoms started 1 day before his LFT result... I have no way of proving that though do I? I have nothing that says an actual date of his isolation period ending.

My Gp has said they can do a letter on receipt of his certificate showing when isolation can end but I don't have a date in writing!

He should cone out of isolation 2days before flying...

Any ideas? I'm desperate 😪
You should get a text/email within the next few hours asking you to do the track and trace. Once you've completed that it will generate a text or email to tell you when isolation ends. At least that's what happened when I did my kids.

And the isolation ends 10 days from test date not symptoms...unfortunately

Sorry, just remembered daughter's was from test date as she was asymptomatic

Edited at 12:27 AM.
Tubbyherman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 12:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by Tubbyherman View Post
You should get a text/email within the next few hours asking you to do the track and trace. Once you've completed that it will generate a text or email to tell you when isolation ends. At least that's what happened when I did my kids.

And the isolation ends 10 days from test date not symptoms...unfortunately

Sorry, just remembered daughter's was from test date as she was asymptomatic
I'm not sure that is correct. My son and I have been infected recently. This is a copy and paste from the NHS email:
Your coronavirus PCR test (or other lab test) result is positive. It’s likely you had the virus when the test was done.

Self-isolate immediately for 10 days to avoid infecting others.

This includes the day your symptoms started (or the test date if you’ve no symptoms) and the next 10 full days.

If this is a follow-up test result, self-isolate for 10 days from the date of your first test.
The use of the word "includes" means that sentence isn't particularly clear, but my interpretation is you can back-date the first day of isolation to "symptoms day", if you had one.

(We were both asymptomatic when we tested positively, so our test date was our Day 0 of isolation)

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 12:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Just dug out the accompanying NHS Test & Trace text and it's a bit clearer on when Day 0 is:
Your coronavirus PCR test (or other lab test) result is positive. It’s likely you had the virus when the test was done.

This includes the day your symptoms started (or the test date if you’ve no symptoms) and the next 10 full days.
So you can legitimately back-date the first day of isolation to when symptoms started, but remember that day is day 0, not day 1.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 12:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Tubbyherman
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
I'm not sure that is correct. My son and I have been infected recently. This is a copy and paste from the NHS email:

If this is a follow-up test result, self-isolate for 10 days from the date of your first test.
The use of the word "includes" means that sentence isn't particularly clear, but my interpretation is you can back-date the first day of isolation to "symptoms day", if you had one.

(We were both asymptomatic when we tested positively, so our test date was our Day 0 of isolation)
I updated my post, probably as you were typing your reply. You're correct as my daughter was asymptomatic so her isolation started the date of her test.
Tubbyherman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 12:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Originally Posted by Tubbyherman View Post
I updated my post, probably as you were typing your reply. You're correct as my daughter was asymptomatic so her isolation started the date of her test.
It was the same for us. My symptoms were en route!

Part One
Part Two