Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 Nov 21, 03:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Rapscallion
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
Guess you are avoiding BA and Virgin Atlantic then
As you will be aware those airlines have taken plenty of flak and come under government pressure for being difficult about offering vouchers instead of refunds. It is sometimes only because of pressure that often companies are pushed into putting customers before profit. Until relatively recently airlines did thankfully offer flexible booking policies, which was helpful. Flight costs can also be reclaimed by travel insurance but the same can’t be said for the myriad of other costs such as tests.
I’m not sure why you would just accept a relative poor response when competitors are doing it better. Arguing the principle of their right to pull up the ladder is moot and missing the point. The difference in response and service levels with their competitors is tangible.
Rapscallion is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 07:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Rapscallion View Post
Of course there is no legal obligation. There was no poor service in the provision of the test. That doesn’t mean to say customers don’t expect or deserve a better returns/refund policy in the current climate and vote with their feet as a result. Capitalism rubs both ways and two competitors have done a better job, thus I will be using those next time and not touching Breathe Assured again.

The pandemic will be with us for a long time, so I want to use companies that deal with changing circumstances in a more sympathetic way. That goes for every aspect of my travel.
I’ll echo this. We too have been told by Breathe Assured basically tough ≈≈≈≈ for buying their lateral flow kits and gave some waffle about shelf life and being able to use them in the future. So we’ve paid £104 to get out of the country essentially with two (now) useless kits for our return.

Poor service and unchuffed. As has been said before, it’s profiteering over anything else, the whole system stinks.
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pupbelly View Post
I’ll echo this. We too have been told by Breathe Assured basically tough ≈≈≈≈ for buying their lateral flow kits and gave some waffle about shelf life and being able to use them in the future. So we’ve paid £104 to get out of the country essentially with two (now) useless kits for our return.

Poor service and unchuffed. As has been said before, it’s profiteering over anything else, the whole system stinks.
It’s not profiteering please don’t say it is that is not true, it’s not bad customer service the company has kept its policy to the letter.

If you want to be annoyed at someone get at the government I think the right thing from the start would have been for the government to run and charge for all testing requirements p.

You have accept some blame yourself for booking a holiday in the middle of a pandemic there is a risk and you know things can change. As I have said I have cancelled as I think there is a risk that the government may introduce compulsory isolation before we return and I don’t want to do this at home let alone in hotel at a massive cost. I accept this affects me more than others as I am self employed.

I am amazed that Biden has not implemented a negative PCR requirement for getting into the US or on a plane leaving I am assuming that this is because they can’t facilitate it more than anything else.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

For me BA have been truly excellent.
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by babbymint View Post
For me BA have been truly excellent.
To be fair BA were great when we cancelled Dubai and Colorado but BA holidays have been truly shocking.

I will still book with them as th PE price savings can be so great
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rapscallion View Post
Of course there is no legal obligation. There was no poor service in the provision of the test. That doesn’t mean to say customers don’t expect or deserve a better returns/refund policy in the current climate and vote with their feet as a result. Capitalism rubs both ways and two competitors have done a better job, thus I will be using those next time and not touching Breathe Assured again.

The pandemic will be with us for a long time, so I want to use companies that deal with changing circumstances in a more sympathetic way. That goes for every aspect of my travel.
We are back into Frustration of Contract territory, so it’s not exactly correct to say no legal provision. But you’d have to fight that in court.
Another option is to complain to the CMA, they are usually interested in hearing about matters such as this. I’d suggest affected Dibbers drop them an email.
Government could of course also have some regulation around such matters, and start removing consumer unfriendly ones from approved lists. So an email to the MP, asking them to contact Dept of Transport may help.
Personally I’ll be avoiding Breathe Assured in the future due to shoddy treatment. As stated, an equitable outcome would be a refund less costs.
Old 30 Nov 21, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

It’s not profiteering please don’t say it is that is not true, it’s not bad customer service the company has kept its policy to the letter.
It’s not profiteering? Really? The goods sold are no longer fit for purpose, therefore the correct thing to do would be to at least offer a refund or partial refund but no, they have got their cream and that’s that. These companies are making millions out of the current situation it’s as plain and simple as that.
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Not sure where the BA bit came from. I had full refunds from them in March of 2020 (when chaos ensued elsewhere) and also August 2021. Likewise AA in August of 2020. Likewise internals with AA, Delta and United when flights did not take place.

The other one? I take your point in that they flagrantly broke the law in the period between March 2020 and Aug 2020. That is why I will never touch them again . They demonstrated a blatant disregard for law when protecting their business, yet have never been punished.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 08:16 AM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

It is the government that are responsible for these issues and therefore I believe that it is the government that should foot the bill. There are PCR testing stations that provide a 48 hour turnaround on tests nationwide. They are free. They are identical to any other and should therefore be made acceptable for flight.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pupbelly View Post
It’s not profiteering? Really? The goods sold are no longer fit for purpose, therefore the correct thing to do would be to at least offer a refund or partial refund but no, they have got their cream and that’s that. These companies are making millions out of the current situation it’s as plain and simple as that.
Hang on a sec Breathe Assured don’t even supply a PCR test so you expect to be able to return the product just because you don’t want to/ can’t use it at their expense, it’s not a pair of jeans.

I imagine that as they don’t sell PCR that they will be going under soon with people losing their jobs, let’s hope you purchase helps to ensure these people get paid !

I would happily agree with you if the company was the one that made the change and refused a refund but it’s not. They have provided a product that you wanted that product is no longer good for you and the company could probably not resell it, it’s not profiteering.

Just out of interest did you choose this company as you wanted to support them or because they were the cheapest ?

And as I said if there were no issues and another company was cheaper going forward offering the same service you would choose them yet expect loyalty from the company.

Again as I said I think the best solution would have been for the government to have administered and charged (I don’t believe the state should fund peoples holidays) the whole process.

Edited at 09:19 AM.