Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 1 Dec 21, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Puddle5
Apprentice Imagineer

Puddle5's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Edinburgh Tattoo

Just got tickets for the last Tattoo on the last night! So pleased, wanted to go since I was a young girl. My dad loved to watch it each year but sadly never got to go.

Part of our six week post retirement trip around Scotland. Cannot wait!

I would love to hear from others who have been and what they thought of it
Puddle5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 21, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

I’ve only ever been to the tattoo once, which considering I only live about 25 miles away seems like a lack of effort. However, I absolutely loved it. The displays and bands from all over the world were great. Have to go again sometime.
Stitch & Smudge is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 21, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Puddle5
Apprentice Imagineer

Puddle5's Reviews
Thank you Stitch and Smudge, we have a bit of a longer journey from South Wales.
gald to hear you enjoyed it and would go back
Puddle5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 21, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

We've been a few times, there's nothing like it, absolutely fantastic,major goosebumps with the pipes and drums.You will love it.
Scotsmomma2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 21, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

I used to go every year as a child. We live in Edinburgh and my mother got free tickets through her work. When my sons were at scouts they were volunteers helping at the event a few times also - don’t think we paid then either! We have not been for years but it has a great atmosphere - especially the lone piper part. There are people from all over the world in the audience - I’ve even been in the rain and enjoyed it.

Just remembered the last couple of times we went was through my work taking guests as part of a hospitality night. I worked for a large bank who sponsored the fireworks and used to get tickets to sit in the bandstand in the gardens watching the fireworks and listening to the orchestra playing music to dovetail into the fireworks exploding. Everyone used to take a sneaky drink in with them. I have been lucky now that I think about it!

Edited at 01:39 PM.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 21, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzymcfarlane
Apprentice Imagineer

It’s fab. I’ve worked there and when the mass bands all march off at the end and go down castle hill- spine tingling!
dizzymcfarlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 21, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Last time we went we had the good fortune to be guests of the Navy who were running it that year. Each of the armed forces take a turn. We had a meal of a navy ship docked at Leith. Blue lighted up to the castle as also in the party was a French Admiral who was the guest of honour. Royal box. The show started when we were seated.

Met the director after. Have no gone back yet as don't think a future visit will live up to that one!
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 21, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Ive booked too!
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 21, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Yes, been a few times and always really enjoy it. Have had tickets for the past two years which were obv cancelled and really pleased this morning to get tickets and our first choice of dates after only a 20 min queue.

Went on to Hotels.com tonight to get 2 rooms. 😲 the prices! Then remembered we have some IHG points so used them and we are all set.

Last time we went, we were actually soaked to the skin, but I guess that was nothing compared with the dancers in flimsy costumes having to dance in torrential rain, then have to do it all again for the second performance! Hoping for a nice evening this time.
Old 1 Dec 21, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
disney_l81
Very Serious Dibber

Weve been- took my parents who absolutely loved it. Wrap up though and bring a blanket as it can be cold. You'll have a fabulous time!
disney_l81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List