Notices

Old 1 Dec 21, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
So a quick Google.

Sainsbury's gives staff this Boxing Day off to reward them for their loyalty during this crisis. But says they have to make up the time by using annual leave or working overtime.

Sainsbury's tells staff at a store they are closing that they are all invited to an hour long Xmas dinner on the 1st December but as their break is only 30 minutes long they have to make up the additional 30 mins by overtime.

I wonder why I decided to boycott them over 15 months ago.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 21, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I think that this is appalling.
Tinkerbell is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 21, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
So a quick Google.

Sainsbury's gives staff this Boxing Day off to reward them for their loyalty during this crisis. But says they have to make up the time by using annual leave or working overtime.

Sainsbury's tells staff at a store they are closing that they are all invited to an hour long Xmas dinner on the 1st December but as their break is only 30 minutes long they have to make up the additional 30 mins by overtime.

Same holiday rules in Tesco Tom…..very possibly Xmas Day also.

Disney332
Old 1 Dec 21, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
MarionG
Imagineer

No wonder people don't want to work in retail.
MarionG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 21, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Amazing-Grace
Imagineer

Amazing-Grace's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
So a quick Google.

I said this at the time, Sainsbury’s announcement of giving us all Boxing Day off like it’s some grand gesture, was nothing if the sort. Anyone working a Sunday as their normal shift has to use holiday or take it unpaid.

I’ve just joined the union, it’ll be interesting to hear what they have to say about the cancelling of get togethers.

Much as I would love to email the Daily Mail, my name is in my email address, and I’m the only person in the country with my name 🤣🤣

Edited at 09:37 PM.
Amazing-Grace is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 21, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Amazing-Grace View Post
I said this at the time, Sainsbury’s announcement of giving us all Boxing Day off like it’s some grand gesture, was nothing if the sort. Anyone working a Sunday as their normal shift has to use holiday or take it unpaid.

I’ve just joined the union, it’ll be interesting to hear what they have to say about the cancelling of get togethers.

Much as I would love to email the Daily Mail, my name is in my email address, and I’m the only person in the country with my name 🤣🤣
Create a pseudo E Mail address and set your PC to divert it to your usual E Mail account. I have a few addresses I use but they all come to my main one.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 21, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I understand asking for people to be cautious... However I fail to see how a company dictates, be it a supermarket, school or office, can tell it's staff what they can and can't do when there are no national restrictions in place
Tinkerbell is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 21, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
shearwood
Proud to wear my Ears

my son works for tesco and he has to use his personal day for xmas day , diabolical
shearwood is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 21, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

Wow that’s disgraceful . We haven’t had anything like that at Morrison’s . We get paid for Xmas day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day . We don’t have to make the time up. Those that are working New Year’s Day get double time and a day off another time .

Edited at 11:21 PM.
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 21, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Wonder if people would go without or switch to another supermarket when their Sainsbury is closed for 10 days due to the 60 staff being in close contact with the new variant at the staff party.

It is wrong, but you can see why some misguided someone thought it might be a good idea.

Bringing back the isolate rule for new variant whilst allowing social events with no masks or social distancing, businesses are kind of relying on staff to be sensible. Small businesses could go to the wall (again) in the run up to Christmas. And if supermarkets end up badly affected in the week or so before Christmas, well, that will be fun... all for a staff knees up.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List