Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 20 Nov 21, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
Well we know this will go on til at least May next year as per the announcement though.
Where can I read this announcement, please? I heard about the changes through an email from DCL which didn’t give a minimum duration for the new requirements, just a start date of January 2022.

I know the ‘until at least May’ statement could be extended, but it does give a little hope for future cruising.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
lilo82
Imagineer

Dear Bad Pink Tink,
I can see your frustration through your comments but please try and be kinder to your fellow dibbers. A lot of us have children and even nieces and nephews who for some this may have been there only chance to get to Disney world. Some of us did not get the luxury of staying at home during the initial lockdowns. I had to be in work the whole time, which meant both of my children were also in their respectable schools. Yes there will be places that people can't go to, due to their ever increasing rules. However this is a pandemic which the whole world is having to adjust to. The phrase "Do no harm" I feel is more appropriate.
lilo82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeybell1210
Trying for More Ears

So to come back on the date of the 2 weeks in Florida finishing before the cruise starting would cost an extra 3K on flights due to availability.

Looks like it will be idrive for 3 days.
mickeybell1210 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Elodie View Post
Where can I read this announcement, please? I heard about the changes through an email from DCL which didn’t give a minimum duration for the new requirements, just a start date of January 2022.

I know the ‘until at least May’ statement could be extended, but it does give a little hope for future cruising.
Here you go - disneycruiselineblog/202...nuary-13-2022/

Originally Posted by lilo82 View Post
Dear Bad Pink Tink,
I can see your frustration through your comments but please try and be kinder to your fellow dibbers. A lot of us have children and even nieces and nephews who for some this may have been there only chance to get to Disney world. Some of us did not get the luxury of staying at home during the initial lockdowns. I had to be in work the whole time, which meant both of my children were also in their respectable schools. Yes there will be places that people can't go to, due to their ever increasing rules. However this is a pandemic which the whole world is having to adjust to. The phrase "Do no harm" I feel is more appropriate.
Just to say I think perhaps you also need to think about your wording. For some of us there was no luxury staying at home through lockdown - especially those of us alone and scared and not able to get basic nessecities. We all have been through hell and belittling any situation is wrong.
Old 22 Nov 21, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Helenr
Imagineer

Helenr's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Elodie View Post

I called DCL and was told that’s it’s all sailings up to the end of May.

We’ve made the decision to cancel because I don’t see my 8 year old being offered 2 vaccines by July, also because we can plan with certainty.

'99, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '08 x2, '09 x2,
'10 x2, '11, '12 x2, '13, '14, '15 x2, ‘16, ‘17, ‘18, ‘19 x2
Helenr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 21, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
ElsasGloves
Very Serious Dibber

I’ve cancelled today 😭
I just can’t be doing with the uncertainty. I never thought we would be at Christmas 2021 and facing yet another variant situation that throws everything up in the air again. I’m scheduled to have my booster in January and knowing my luck there will be a 9 month rule on travelling since your last jab and I won’t get another in time for December 2022!
So I’m out. Cruise cancelled. Will be postponing the Disney part until 2023 when April 2022 offers come out if I can. Looks like 2022 will be centre parcs and Tenby again
ElsasGloves is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 21, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Completely get it ElseasGloves. Its such a difficult one and you have to make the best decision based on how you feel in terms of planning etc.

We have booked for May and September next year in hope that things will look brighter by then but in all honesty no one knows. The more the world travels the more likely I think things will get clearer.
Old 29 Dec 21, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
RT's
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by Bad Pink Tink View Post
and again, reducing the risk for me when I fly to USA, so I'm all for it .
If you're that bothered about risk that you would wish cancelled holidays on lots of families then perhaps you should stay at home and 'reduce the risk' even further.
Some people 🤷
DLP- Hotel Cheyenne - June 2011 : FL- Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando - April 2013 : FL- Disney's Caribbean Beach & Hard Rock Hotel - April 2016 : FL- WDW Yacht Club & Loews Royal Pacific - October 2017 : DLP- Santa Fe - February 2018 : WDW - Yacht Club - October 2019 : FL- Lowes Portofino Bay & WDW Dolphin- August 2022
RT's is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 21, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
RT's
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Looking at cancelling our end of August 22 cruise
Was thinking of waiting it out now that 5-11 year olds are being vaccinated in some cases but even if it does get rolled out to all 5-11's will it be in time or even be the full 2 doses. We have a 5 and a 9 year old so but not sure I can deal with the uncertainty.

Plus flights back are from Miami so will need to change those too.
DLP- Hotel Cheyenne - June 2011 : FL- Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando - April 2013 : FL- Disney's Caribbean Beach & Hard Rock Hotel - April 2016 : FL- WDW Yacht Club & Loews Royal Pacific - October 2017 : DLP- Santa Fe - February 2018 : WDW - Yacht Club - October 2019 : FL- Lowes Portofino Bay & WDW Dolphin- August 2022
RT's is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 22, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
littleacceb
Being a bit Goofy

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
Not a problem for us. I have been to a few countries where having certain vaccines are mandatory for all so it's nothing new.
The key difference is that we have the option to pay for most vaccines privately if it's required or recommended for travel. Covid isn't available privately, only through the NHS, and only when you meet our esteemed leader's criteria.
littleacceb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List