Notices

Old 13 Oct 21, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Legoland with 2 preschoolers in a day?

Just wondering if we can do Legoland in a day? Will be a weekday (Friday) Term time in May 2022.
DS will be 4 and DD will be 15mths.

DS is obsessed with Lego but as we live in the North East of England it's quite a trek for a day out. We're driving to DLP next May and come home on a Thursday so were planning on staying in the parks until mid afternoon then driving straight across to Windsor from there.
Hotel overnight and in the morning surprise the kids with "we're not driving home now... we're going to Legoland! " Unfortunately we will need to drive home after our day there as need to be at home on the Saturday.

Will we be able to do it justice in a day? Will DD be able to ride things? Do they do a child swap? Any tips for getting reasonable priced tickets?
Enchanted is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post

I went for the first time in years with my 3 (13, 10, 4) in May during term time, it was nice and low capacity and open 10am to 5pm. We did everything we wanted to and had time to re-ride a few things twice. It's not massive, the longest part is getting from the car park down the hill into the Duplo Land! Duplo Land is a huge improvement now and lots for 4+ year olds, she absolutely loved it. I will say we didn't get a chance to go around the mini world though.

I used clubcard vouchers to purchase ours and worked out reasonably priced.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsmickey
Very Serious Dibber

During term time, capacity is quite low so you’ll get a decent amount done in the park. You’ll struggle to do absolutely everything (if you wanted to do it…). If it is a bit of a one off I’d highly recommend staying overnight at the legoland hotel, I know it’s expensive but IMO the hotel rooms at legoland surpass Disney in terms of theming and layout
mrsmickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Hi Enchanted,

We are going for our first time to legoland next week for 2 nights and 2 days in the park with almost 4.5 year old (Lego obsessed) and a 2 month old.

Friday is an inset day for us so hoping maybe not in the South and it may be quiet on this day. But expecting Saturday to be busy, so we have got the ultimate reserve and ride for this day.

Anyhow, I will report back our experience, findings and possibly any tips we get along the way!

We are staying in the legoland hotel.
Old 20 Oct 21, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
rking89
Getting Excited

We've just come back with our 3 year old. Rides are based on height of which there is 90cm+, 1m+ and 1.1m+ but lots are 90cm+.

We went in July midweek and got a lot done and went back to "finish off" and do a lot of rides a few weeks ago and it was dead didn't queue for more then 5 minutes for any ride. Some rides like Flight of the Sky lion are 1m+ and on some days over an hour queue. It shoudn't be "too" bad on a midweek. You can upgrade for from £25 each to a fast pass type system but depends on your budget. Someone mentioned staying in the hotel but if you can afford it i'd spend my money on the ultimate fast pass (either £75 or £90 each) if its a busy day and it gets you to front of the queue.

Paris 06, 19, 22?
rking89 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

I've not taken my 18 month old, but have been a few times with my sister when her son was 2, 3 and 4.
At 3 and 4 he wanted to do some rides, they purchased the quick queue type product. This lets one child and one adult get a return time/wait in a virtual queue rather than stand in line. Essential for a pre schooler I would say. Some of the queues used to have lego play areas or cartoons playing, don't know if this still exists after covid!
Her son loves going, and they were surprised he enjoyed the mini roller coasters and some of the more daring rides!
SquishTheWhale is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Yes, easily.
We are merlin passholders so go a lot and when dd was little we could easily do all the rides she was big enough for in a day especially if most are at school.
We’re going on Saturday for the Halloween stuff but as dd is now 10 we only do a few rides and have a walk round miniland.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 21, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Enchanted, I think things are doable for that age in a day.

We have just come back after 2 days with a 4 yr old and 10 week old.

Rider Swap is ok and let’s you go in the reserve and ride q. We used it several times. Just make sure you ask when you get to the front and they will explain what to do.

Depending on how adventurous the 4 year old is, there can be quite a bit to do… favourites included Duplo Valley and miniature land (is that’s what it’s called? ).

If Flight of the Sky Lion is a must then get there first. Seems long way down the hill and people run there. Friday (must have been inset day for a lot of people) and Saturday we didn’t see this get lower than 70 mins. It is also a fairly long experience, so with rider swap etc can eat into a good 1 hour of the day even with a short q.

I would recommend getting the reserve and ride ticket if possible to get through everything you want in the day.

Note I haven’t been at a quiet time so cannot comment on crowd levels.

Happy to answer any questions
Old 2 Dec 21, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
FAcup14
Getting Excited

We did it at the start of the summer and it was absolutely packed. We didn't get nearly enough done. It was like 45 mins wait for the smallest rides, they were advertised as a lot less than that. 1 hr+ for others, like the Laser Raiders was 1hr 15 mins ish. We were quite disappointed. I put a lot of it down to the staff getting back into the swing of things after re-opening after the shutdowns. I think trying to get on Flight of the Sky lion first was a bad choice, it was advertised as a 90mins wait, we waited 45 mins but felt like we had only got through a third of the queue. It then broke down. So we left that queue. We only managed to do about 6/7 attractions.

So I took my son again mid week in September. It was £25 for the two of us which is about as cheap as it can get. We had a blast! We managed to get on Flight of the Sky Lion twice and about 80% of everything else. I even managed to get the top score on Ninjago. I think the staff had finally got used to the new norm and things were getting loaded quicker, it was also quieter being mid-week in term time.
FAcup14 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List