Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 29 Nov 21, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Simba and nala
Trying for More Ears

Planning an itinerary

This is proving to be the hardest thing ever, it’s been many years since I planned one - the children no longer toddlers they are now full on teenagers!

We have 16 full days in Orlando and at this moment juggling a plan is difficult

We are not a resting family so sitting in the villa relaxing during the day isn’t us

Iv tried to break it down and as a family we would like to do the following

Tue 4th oct MAGIC KINDDOM
wed 5th oct ANIMAL KINGDOM
Thu 6th oct
Fri 7th oct
Sat 8th oct
Sun 9th oct DISCOVERY COVE
Mon 10th oct
Tue 11th oct
Wed 12th oct
Thu 13 oct
Fri 14th oct
Sat 15th oct
Sun 16th oct

Mon 17th oct MAGIC KINGDOM
Tue 18th oct
Wed 19th oct

Iv still been tasked to fit in

•2 days hs
•1 long day Epcot
•2 days ioa
•2 day universal
•aquatica
•typhoon lagoon
•1 day seaworld
And finally possibly a Halloween horror nights - to my disapproval

Please help
Simba and nala is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 21, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Simba and nala View Post
This is proving to be the hardest thing ever, it’s been many years since I planned one - the children no longer toddlers they are now full on teenagers!

We have 16 full days in Orlando and at this moment juggling a plan is difficult

We are not a resting family so sitting in the villa relaxing during the day isn’t us

Iv tried to break it down and as a family we would like to do the following

Tue 4th oct MAGIC KINDDOM
wed 5th oct ANIMAL KINGDOM
Thu 6th oct
Fri 7th oct
Sat 8th oct
Sun 9th oct DISCOVERY COVE
Mon 10th oct
Tue 11th oct
Wed 12th oct
Thu 13 oct
Fri 14th oct
Sat 15th oct
Sun 16th oct

Mon 17th oct MAGIC KINGDOM
Tue 18th oct
Wed 19th oct

Iv still been tasked to fit in

•2 days hs
•1 long day Epcot
•2 days ioa
•2 day universal
•aquatica
•typhoon lagoon
•1 day seaworld
And finally possibly a Halloween horror nights - to my disapproval

Please help
I honestly don’t think that it really matters a great deal, provided that once you settle on a plan, where appropriate you then do your homework re booking rides in Disney. I know longer do Disney at all because, a big reason being that I prefer to decide where we are going when we get up (early) in the morning and don’t want to be marshalled by a Rodent with big ears.
Wherever we go on a different day is generally decided at Evening meal or even Breakfast after consulting the weather. With consideration to car parking costs, we often visit more than one park (same company) in a day, perhaps Seaworld first thing, Aquatica in the afternoon and then a return to Seaworld in the evening as the ride queues shrink away.

It is good that you have picked a weekend for D.C.

I would give consideration to a night in a luxury hotel in Universal for a night in order to benefit from the FOTL for 2 days and further, consider an upgrade to club as a cost saving measure, given that you have four hungry and thirsty mouths to feed and water. This gives you two days of light breakfast, soda to take into the parks, an evening snacks with beer and wine and further, a great base from which to operate throughout those two days.
This is always a ‘must do’ for us and we generally arrive by plane, taxi to a nearby Ramada or similar for our first night, get to RPR or Hardrock by Taxi to check in and dump our bags on Concierge, Breakfast and stock up on snacks/ soda, parks, adjournment at lunch, parks, evening beer and wine, more parks, sleep, breakfast, check out next day and dump bags before repeating the operation into early evening.
I then collect the car hire from the nearby Holiday Inn using a taxi other than that provided by the Universal Hotel and move on to our primary accommodation… just a thought!

Like you, we do not do ‘rest days’ or pfaff around. We hit it very hard indeed and then recover when we get home. I want value for money from the time I lock my door in Penryn until the time I land at LHR on return. One is not for ‘resting’ !

Having said that, I will not ruin a vacation by planning a ‘route March’ many months in advance, when I can avoid it. Imho, many over plan a vacation and then suck the fun out of it by trying too hard to follow the plan, regardless of changing circumstance. Some things need planning, but not everything.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 08:21 AM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 21, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

The most important thing in an itinerary is slippage or the ability to delay.

It is a holiday after all

Disney332
Old 4 Dec 21, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
halloweenbaby2
VIP Dibber

I always find the busy days guide helpful - they usually go on last years attendance and predicted crowds which may be a bit difficult because of last year but its some where to start.
I like to book a water park as rest days every 4-5 days too.
Xx
halloweenbaby2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List