Notices

Old 4 Dec 21, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

Originally Posted by di5ney View Post
M&s staff have to make their hours up too if xmas day & boxing day falls on a day they have a booked shift
Same at the library where I used to work.
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 21, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Beccleberry
Getting Excited

My workplace (phone based customer service) sent similar on Friday, and our head of department followed it up with email to say whilst they can’t tell us what to do we should think if it’s the right thing to do right now with anything we do in the next few weeks

I can’t see them not going anywhere for the next few weeks to make sure they stay safe since there are a few places where it could come from in peoples daily lives.

My team doesn’t have anything planned as none of us wanted to meet so close to Christmas so are planning on February time instead but I know other departments did and I don’t think they’ll be cancelling them.

Done;

WDW; All star sports Sept13&May16, offsite Aug 04.

Disneyland 09.2015& 09.2018

DLP: 1998,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013,2014,2016,2017x3,201 8
Beccleberry is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 21, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

My manager actually rang the restaurant that 12 colleagues were booked for next Tuesday and cancelled the booking.
I’m livid! “Sainsbury’s are being proactive” is what we were told [/QUOTE]

Unless the manager actually booked the event in person surely they shouldn’t have been able to cancel it?

We still waiting to hear about ours in work, we have paid for ours upfront and not refundable. We will wait and see
Old 4 Dec 21, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
When I was working if I had tried to cancel a Xmas Doo for my Staff I would have been found tied up and gagged by them in my Office!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 21, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Amazing-Grace
Imagineer

Amazing-Grace's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Bootrip2 View Post
My manager actually rang the restaurant that 12 colleagues were booked for next Tuesday and cancelled the booking.
I’m livid! “Sainsbury’s are being proactive” is what we were told
Unless the manager actually booked the event in person surely they shouldn’t have been able to cancel it?

We still waiting to hear about ours in work, we have paid for ours upfront and not refundable. We will wait and see
Originally Posted by orlandosgr8 View Post
Is this the store boss making this request or from Head Office? I work for Sainbury's in store and I haven't heard of this (yet!).
This was from head office

He did cancel the Christmas Lunch, because the person who organised it refused to, and a full refund has been agreed. Goodness knows what he said to get the refund though, I agree with the comment about venues losing money because of this!
Hopefully the tables get rebooked.
There are now groups meeting up and not being discussed at work, I’m meeting with three friends for lunch, we’ve worked together for 10yrs so yes we’re friends as well as colleagues. I’m still fuming about this but basically Sainsbury’s have walked all over us as usual 😡

Edited at 11:05 AM.
Amazing-Grace is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 21, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Amazing-Grace View Post
This was from head office

He did cancel the Christmas Lunch, because the person who organised it refused to, and a full refund has been agreed. Goodness knows what he said to get the refund though, I agree with the comment about venues losing money because of this!
Hopefully the tables get rebooked.
There are now groups meeting up and not being discussed at work, I’m meeting with three friends for lunch, we’ve worked together for 10yrs so yes we’re friends as well as colleagues. I’m still fuming about this but basically Sainsbury’s have walked all over us as usual 😡
I would be calling the restaurant back and telling them he had no authority to cancel. This is absolutely dreadful behaviour, absolutely shameful.
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 21, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
When I was working if I had tried to cancel a Xmas Doo for my Staff I would have been found tied up and gagged by them in my Office!
Our operating theatre Xmas parties were legendary... If I'd CX I'd have been found anaesthesised with no chance of resuscitation
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 21, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Have they even stopped to think about the businesses this will affect that have already had a difficult time.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 21, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Bolto6
Imagineer

We had a similar email, but it asked that we should consider if having a social event was appropriate. Yes it is, I see half the team in person once a week and the rest I’ve only seen on a screen. This is our opportunity to go out as a team of 8 and get to know each other a bit better and have some fun.
2018 - First visit for my daughter
Bolto6 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 21, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
VIP Dibber

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
Originally Posted by florida girl View Post
Have they even stopped to think about the businesses this will affect that have already had a difficult time.
Of course not, just as the government gave no second thought to it either.

There are three types of lies - lies, damned lies and statistics (attributed to Benjamin Disraeli)

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List