Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Dec 21, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

We're still going. December 15th to LA to spend Christmas with our children and grandxhildren. We're ordering fit to fly tests from Chronomics, £17 with BA discount, and taking them with. If there's any more changes while we're there, and the tests won't be appropriate, we'll buy the tests out there. We were in LA in the summer, the rules were a pre departure test then as well. We paid about $100 for tests at the mall, we're trying to avoid that exspense this time.

I realise it's an easier decision for us, we're retired and if we test positive, we'll isolate at our son's house. I just want to get on the plane on the 15th, the worry of testing positive before we fly is keeping me awake at night.
Sue x
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
jstephens
Serious Dibber

The only difference is now you can't board the flight pretending you don't have Covid to get home... [/QUOTE]

well, not saying I agree at all with this but my mate went holidaying this summer with a group. Two of them caught Covid and they used the other guys LFT to get back home. Very naughty. They were lucky as the airport was doing random LFT checks when they were leaving.
jstephens is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Magic Bands out of the drawer, not seen them for 2 years, don’t forget Bob Cheapek took new free ones away but these will work. Hope I’m not tempting fate…..😂 Mrs YT has commenced packing (normally 3 weeks before so this is late).

Old 5 Dec 21, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
jstephens
Serious Dibber

I'm scared to start packing keep thinking I'm going to jinx something! Its crazy!
jstephens is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie2010
Imagineer

minnie2010's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
At the end of the day you take your chances booking a holiday these days. Crazy times. So if it goes pear shaped, then you know the risks involved. I've booked for August, but realistically think it might just be a bit of a pipe dream and certainly not without its stresses. But it's a chance we will take. No one can really moan about the different hoops they have to jump through as you all know the risks, so you just have to basically shut up and put up. Sad but true in these ridiculous times
minnie2010 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mrmoo123 View Post
We are still going for it. As others have said - life is for living! Covid is not going ANYWHERE, we will still be having rules changing for several years to come. There is no wait until next year and things might be better...
Agree 100% - That’s why we went to Cyprus and Rhodes in the summer. The testing was a lot of hassle though👍
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

This morning I ordered online anther 6 pairs of tailored shorts for my trip in a couple of weeks, I never pack before the day or evening before flight but for sure I am going and getting smart shorts ready is for more important to me that a test a may or may not have to take before I fly home - if needs be I will sort while away a few days before return ; its not something at the forefront of my mind right now for sure.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
dannigizmo
Serious Dibber

Hey found out last night about 10.30pm and was due at airport at 4.30am. Wasn't sure as this is a solo trip thus the thought of being away for 2 odd weeks from the family was worrying.

But spoke with dh and weighed everything up and am now sitting at terminal 5 waiting for my Orlando flight.

Video test with breathe assured I just booked 10 mins ago using the defunct lft from package and paid the 15 quid for the video call.

Now just gona be sensible, enjoy myself and not worry about the what if until I have to which I hope is... eh never!

Just have to go with what u think is best, take care.
dannigizmo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by MarkUK View Post
That’s the problem for families. If you don’t all test positive on the same day you could potentially be stranded for 2-3 weeks at huge expense.
We are 3 adults so I assume if for example DH tested positive would DS and I be able to fly home if we were negative? Not so easy for families with kids but as least for us the 2 of us could come home and go back to work assuming we stayed negative?
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Borderbairn View Post
Fingers crossed for you mickeyspal. We're scheduled for 16.30hrs test. Enjoy your last night. It's been a brilliant cruise.
Weve not got a time slot yet, still waiting but we dont leave till tuesday so the new rules will have taken effect by then . Enjoy your last day
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List