Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Dec 21, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jstephens View Post
The only difference is now you can't board the flight pretending you don't have Covid to get home...

well, not saying I agree at all with this but my mate went holidaying this summer with a group. Two of them caught Covid and they used the other guys LFT to get back home. Very naughty. They were lucky as the airport was doing random LFT checks when they were leaving.[/QUOTE]

Travelling whilst knowing you are positive On a plane and working a way to hide the fact that you are positive is not “very naughty” it’s disgusting, selfish and illegal their actions could kill people. This is why the public can not be trusted.

I have to say if these were friends of mine I would be walking a real moral tightrope on whether to report them or not. If any of us were in the checkin queue and knew strangers had done this we would have reported it.

These people deserve jail for this.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Buffyp
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by minnie2010 View Post
At the end of the day you take your chances booking a holiday these days. Crazy times. So if it goes pear shaped, then you know the risks involved. I've booked for August, but realistically think it might just be a bit of a pipe dream and certainly not without its stresses. But it's a chance we will take. No one can really moan about the different hoops they have to jump through as you all know the risks, so you just have to basically shut up and put up. Sad but true in these ridiculous times
People have every right to be upset when Grant Schapps blatantly lied only two days before this latest change. You are entitled to your opinion but equally so are others so you don’t get to decide what they are entitled to be upset about.
Buffyp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
jstephens
Serious Dibber

young lads on party holidays I'm afraid this is what we are up against
jstephens is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Borderbairn
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickeyspal View Post
Weve not got a time slot yet, still waiting but we dont leave till tuesday so the new rules will have taken effect by then . Enjoy your last day
Going to make the most of it😎

Southern Dunes 2006 & 2007 Highlands Reserve & Hard Rock Hotel May & Sep 2008 The Sanctuary West Haven 2009 Freedom of the Seas & Doubletree Resort 2010 Highlands Reserve May 2012 Windsor Hills 2014 New York 2016
Borderbairn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by shawny122 View Post
Our thoughts were air b&b/villa if possible. Not sure how we’d get there though as no car! I do have one question on this - If one member of the family tested positive and the others didn’t, but we all decided to stay for 10 days, would everyone have to isolate or just the one person who tested positive? Not sure what the rules in USA are for that?
I think it's sensible to plan, ahead of time, what you'd do in each possible scenario, eg if you're a family of 2 adults and 2 kids and only 1 adult tests positive, do you...

- All remain in the US and isolate
- Those who have tested negative head home whilst they can, and the sole positive testee remain and wait it out.

The obvious risk of one person testing positive initially is this...

Originally Posted by disney20042012 View Post
Just our experience (here in the UK) DH caught Covid in Oct, he felt slight headache on the Monday whilst at work, he took a test straight away then isolated in a downstairs room away from everyone immediately. I took every precaution possible and wore both a medical grade mask and a face shield but I still caught it a week later. Similar situation happened to a friend of mine, so be prepared that if 1 person gets it then there is a strong possibility others in the same household could, even a week later.
...and you having to wait in country even longer due to the later infections.

It's also not uncommon for some people to continue to test positive, even with an LFT, for days/weeks after infection has passed.

We had a different experience to @disney20042012. Both me and my son were infected, we didn't take any precautions and Mrs B didn't become infected at any time.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
SleepingBeauty
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
“Live life like it’s your last day, because one day it will be.”*

*Kaycee Dutton
My favorite show currently.

Glad you've decided to come over, despite all of this constantly-changing madness.
SleepingBeauty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
emmabrown68
VIP Dibber

We're due to fly on the 18th. This latest change hasn't put me off going. I'm frustrated by it but still going to be getting on that plane (providing we all get our negative LFTs before we fly - fingers crossed! ). Like so many others, we've waited so long for this holiday with 4 holidays being cancelled and I'm so excited at the thought that in 2 weeks time we'll (hopefully) be in the pool at the villa!
IDrive 91, Enclave Suites 07, Southern Dunes 09, Quality Inn Plaza, Hard Rock Hotel, Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel (St Petes), Orlando Metropolitan Express & Buena Vista Palace Hotel 10!, The Florida Hotel 11, Hampton Lakes 12, Bridgewater Crossing 12, Vegas/LA 13, Tall Grass Villa 13, The Florida Hotel 13, Bridgewater Crossing 15, Terrace Ridge 16, West Haven 17,18,July 19, Dec 19 & Dec 21, West Haven & Cabana Bay 22
emmabrown68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

We are meant to be flying on the 19th we have cancelled the risk of isolation on the return is too high.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

The extra texts won’t put us off at all. There is always a risk of catching covid regardless of if you have to test to return or not so I’m not sure what difference it makes other than cost.

Taking the test doesn’t mean you’re likely to catch covid whilst there so shouldn’t affect how you’d act whilst away. If I wasn’t happy to take my trip whilst taking sensible precautions like distancing, masks and limited time inside if crowded I wouldn’t be going. Taking an extra test wouldn’t change that.

Edited at 11:57 AM.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
SleepingBeauty
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
We are meant to be flying on the 19th we have cancelled the risk of isolation on the return is too high.
So sorry you've had to pull the plug (and sorry for everyone else who've had to make that decision). There's so much to factor in now for each individual and family.
SleepingBeauty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List