Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Dec 21, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

There is an advent health 2 miles from pop century that do covid testing but I don't know if they would issue a certificate, would a certificate need to have a passport number on it?
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
The obvious problem, as highlighted by others, is the unsupervised nature of the return-to-UK test, since it's ridiculously easy to game, in many ways, to ensure that you are able to present the requisite number of negative tests to allow your group to board your flight home.

And, because the cost of having a positive test is so high - money, inconvenience, life disruption etc - there is a significant incentive to game the system to get home. Testing positive on a Day 2 test, when already home, is far easier to deal with than being stuck in a foreign land for an unknown period of time.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
tinkerella123
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by stu123 View Post
Yes i would cancel in that case but we are there on the 20th when the review is due. We are not ot too worried about an un-supervised LFT, its the red list scenario that may enforce quarantine on return thats really worrying us
Yes same as you, Will Already be on the plane buy the time they make they’re announcement. Got to a point now do we go or just say sod it what will be will be. It’s bad enough that test are now done 1 day before as this leaves anything you need to cancel impossible. I understand the need for testing before you fly home but 2 day pcr test and quarantine until results just about tops it off.
tinkerella123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
igoefamily
Imagineer

igoefamily's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 11
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
hi bit confused we fly back to uk monday from mco at 6.55 florida time so arrive uk around 8 am do we need test or just make the cut off
Quality Inn International-July 2001,Quality Inn Plaza - May 2004,Disney All Stars-June 2006,Bahama Bay -July 2007,Villa/HRH - June 2008, Villa - June 2009, Villa 2010, Tuscana Resort Sept 2011,2012 and 2013, SunriseLV(DIBB villa)/RPR Oct 2014,Tuscana Resort /RPR Oct 2015, Regal Oaks Jun 2016,
igoefamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
corrinda
Imagineer

We here now and only for a week it has spoilt it for us !day we before we flew out changed from a lft to a pcr test and now day we fly home have to find a fit to fly lft so we spent most of yesterday looking online and trying to find one near us and reasonable cost defo takes the cream of the week here x
corrinda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
dannigizmo
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
I always thought how on earth can people drink first thing in the morning at the airport
I get it now and will be one of them! 🥴
I just downed mine was soo needing it 🤣
dannigizmo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
rambocat1974
Very Serious Dibber

It may have been mentioned above so apologies if i've missed it, but how long is this new rule due to last at the minute?

My wife and I are due to go to Chicago in March for 5 nights, so as it stands, I believe that means 3 tests now required (Pre US flight, pre return flight and post return) and do we have to isolate on our return until we get the results of the day 2 PCR test?

If so, will probably have to cancel our April trip to NYC as due to arrive back the day before our Daughter goes back to school and cannot have her missing more school due to Covid restrictions.

Could also mean I'll have to change our return date for our Orlando trip as puts my return to work in jeopardy, as due to return on the 2nd day after arrival if these rules are still in place then!

I guess it has to be expected as its a very fluid situation!

Rob
rambocat1974 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Originally Posted by igoefamily View Post
hi bit confused we fly back to uk monday from mco at 6.55 florida time so arrive uk around 8 am do we need test or just make the cut off
As it's from 4am Tuesday morning you will need the (up to) 2 day PCR test plus the quarantine until you get a negative result.

You could book a test at your arrival airport if time is important to you.
Old 5 Dec 21, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
MJ6987
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by danisleigh View Post
I have heard of someone using the same PLF code that they used on their previous holiday and I also know someone who came back and didn’t bother doing their LF, the paid for it and used the code to fill in the PLF but didn’t take the test.
Surely this is what a lot of people will do, rather than risk being stuck in quarantine in the US for 10 days, and hoping you can reclaim it from travel insurance
MJ6987 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
SamH88
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Buffyp View Post
Oh fgs enough of this emotional guilt trip. The person has not said that the virus is nonsense just the ridiculous chopping and changing of rules that are causing a lot of problems to people. I say that as someone who works in a care home and has seen the damage that it can do. Doesn’t mean I don’t have empathy with people being affected by theses last minute changes and expenses.
It's not an emotional guilt trip. Countries are introducing these measures to try and avoid lockdown. To call it nonsense because it might effect your holiday is just ridiculous.

It's a covid test to make sure your aren't currently infectious and bringing covid onto the plane and infecting others nothing to do with controlling people. You would think people would be happy that measures are being introduced to try stop it spreading and needing a lockdown.
SamH88 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List