Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Dec 21, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SleepingBeauty View Post
So sorry you've had to pull the plug (and sorry for everyone else who've had to make that decision). There's so much to factor in now for each individual and family.
Thanks it’s the 6th holiday we have cancelled and the only one we have had the choice to go and decided not to go rather than the decision made by a government or travel company. It feels better that we have made the decision and even our 12 year old is fine about it.

We have a trip booked to Dublin to see a friend we have not seen for over 2 years in January we will have to wait and see if that happens or not.

Edited at 12:08 PM.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I just got back this morning and I'm very glad the dates aligned as I said from the start that I wouldn't travel while pre departure tests were around due to the risk of being stranded, so would have been scrambling to get home early if I'd gone for longer.

For everyone out there or due to go soon, I hope it all goes smoothly for you.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

I am due to travel next month to LA. I have thought it all through and can cope with extra tests and paying for extra accommodation if we get a positive test result. My remaining worry is about finding that accommodation whilst testing positive and if that would cause a problem.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

If I could cancel at such short notice I would,the shine is completely gone from holidays for me now☹️
Seeing people posting on other forums who are there now and getting towards the end of their holiday and have a limited amount of spends left and now they're worrying about having enough left for food and tests that they need to pay for.Not everyone has the funds to do all these extras,plus the added worry of getting a positive test☹️
As long as all this testing goes on I think people will now definitely think twice about making new bookings which will definitely do more harm to the travel industry.
Scotsmomma2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I am due to travel next month to LA. I have thought it all through and can cope with extra tests and paying for extra accommodation if we get a positive test result. My remaining worry is about finding that accommodation whilst testing positive and if that would cause a problem.
In a city like LA there'll always be sufficient hotels and AirBnBs available.

If that were my deciding factor, it wouldn't be a show-stopper.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

I away there too - not worrying me. Obviously I don't want a positive test and be stranded, I have plans in UK running up to my trip and when I get back but if the worst happens and the homeward LFT is positive then both hotels I tend to use in LA (one in Santa Monica and one Hollywood) have bungalows/cottages in their grounds with private patios and I would stay there. Being low season there is plenty of availability and I am happy to work away on my book there (will have my laptop) and have room service/food/cocktails delivery to the cottage door. Far from ideal but I worked out what I can do (and may even pre-empt and book one with nil deposit just incase)

Edited at 12:41 PM.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I’m due back out in January and will be going if allowed
By the time I come home March things will have changed again no doubt
yes I know I’m different as again it will be a no park holiday just doing more round the villa and can isolate if need be but 20 months of sticking to every rule ,twice a week LFT
Etc etc and catching Covid way back at the beginning and still no sence of smell and sence of taste that’s weird most days it’s Time to just get on with it
I know for many families that won’t be possible and I do feel for them

Edited at 12:51 PM.
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
In a city like LA there'll always be sufficient hotels and AirBnBs available.

If that were my deciding factor, it wouldn't be a show-stopper.
I know there will be no shortage of accommodation, it was more if there might be any issues with them letting me in if I am positive. I haven’t yet been asked to show a negative test before entering a hotel so perhaps I am overthinking scenarios. We were discussing living in an airport for a week earlier.

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
I away there too - not worrying me. Obviously I don't want a positive test and be stranded, I have plans in UK running up to my trip and when I get back but if the worst happens and the homeward LFT is positive then both hotels I tend to use in LA (one in Santa Monica and one Hollywood) have bungalows/cottages in their grounds with private patios and I would stay there. Being low season there is plenty of availability and I am happy to work away on my book there (will have my laptop) and have room service/food/cocktails delivery to the cottage door. Far from ideal but I worked out what I can do (and may even pre-empt and book one with nil deposit just incase)

That is an idea, I might book something too. DH will have to pack his work laptop with him as well just in case.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

We are going in January. At the moment the most difficult part seems to be getting a test here in Scotland on the 2nd January.
Old 5 Dec 21, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

That is an idea, I might book something too. DH will have to pack his work laptop with him as well just in case.
I will be writing some of my book while away in any case and was thinking to write about California while being in California (maybe it could be tax deductible )
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List