Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Dec 21, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Trickytenrec
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We ordered new windows in April and have just had ours fitted now, however the glass we had put in had a blue tint to it which apparently took longer.

I would give them a call to ask for an update.
Trickytenrec is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I would be getting annoyed with them now. If they are just waiting on glass, there must be other places they could use. We had two misted units replaced on Friday and only waited about a month from ordering.
Old 5 Dec 21, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
AlexE
Imagineer

AlexE's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Thanks for all your replies. We are happy with the company as they put a roof on our conservatory 4 years ago and the work was good.

Just wondering if the problem is getting fitters? If by a miracle I get a call to say they can be fitted before Christmas I am definitely not going to accept that.

However at what point does it get to that they cannot fulfil their end of the contract - 1year?
Old 5 Dec 21, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by AlexE View Post
Thanks for all your replies. We are happy with the company as they put a roof on our conservatory 4 years ago and the work was good.

Just wondering if the problem is getting fitters? If by a miracle I get a call to say they can be fitted before Christmas I am definitely not going to accept that.

However at what point does it get to that they cannot fulfil their end of the contract - 1year?
I don’t understand, why would you not accept them fitting before Christmas?
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I don’t understand, why would you not accept them fitting before Christmas?
I was also wondering this. I'd have fitted just as soon as they were able especially as waited so long.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
gl20
Apprentice Imagineer

Op - we ordered 17 windows and a door in March. Installation was July except there were problems with some of the architraves and the door (long story) which needed re-making. By then the lead time was much longer and we are finally getting the last bits done the week before Xmas! Just sharing this to show you’re not alone - it’s happening a lot.

That said, I’d agree you want to stick close to them if you paid cash. Did the deal include an insurance policy to cover the deposit if they went bust? That’s pretty standard although, in the current climate, the building trade would seem to be the least likely sector to suffer financial difficulty.
gl20 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by AlexE View Post

I don’t understand why you wouldn’t have them fitted before Christmas.

I had all new doors and windows last year, fitting took 1.5 days and the mess was minimal.

I know when i ordered mine last year we had quite a long wait as they has a issue with the glass supplier.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 21, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
I think you are a small part of the problem. Yes they are very late on delivering what you paid for, but you aren’t chasing the company regularly because you don’t want them fitted until spring.
I suggest if you phone again requesting your deposit back they would likely move you up the pile. If they are very behind then chances are they are prioritising those who shout the loudest
Old 8 Dec 21, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
TractorBoy
Imagineer

TractorBoy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
I think you are a small part of the problem. Yes they are very late on delivering what you paid for, but you aren’t chasing the company regularly because you don’t want them fitted until spring.
I suggest if you phone again requesting your deposit back they would likely move you up the pile. If they are very behind then chances are they are prioritising those who shout the loudest
We did ask for the deposit back a couple of months ago, only to be told the frames had been made and we would have to pay the full cost!

Neighbours a couple of doors away who booked the same company but only Windows are in exactly the same situation and were told the same 're paying the full amount if wanting to cancel.

When they fitted our conservatory roof four years ago they only had three fitters because one left the day of our job start. Don't think anything has changed!

Basically they have taken on far to much work, taken customers deposits and cannot deliver in the time promised!
Old 8 Dec 21, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Firm we use has 70% more work and 40% less staff. Glazing firms are the same from what they've said and they are making mistakes. We are waiting for glass for one of our windows. The glass place have done it twice and it's been wrong both times
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List