Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Dec 21, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

BA lost bags

What a joke
Since reporting them lost when I returned home on Thursday
I’ve had 4 different stories haven’t a clue where they are
Then they are still in Orlando then oh they are at Chicago and hey this morning they are back at Orlando
Now trying to tell me I should have picked up the bags at Chicago and rechecked them and me in even although I made sure they and I was checked in all the way to Glasgow have the boarding passes and baggage tabs to prove that
In other words they haven’t a clue
Livid to say the least
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

We landed Christmas Day once coming back from Vegas via LAX we had 5 hours in the airport.

Got to LHR and no bags my wife started to get cross with the guy at LHR I pulled her back and the guy took details saying we would have them Boxing Day and he thought that they were still in LAX. We had them delivered a couple of days later
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Oh no what a right pain in the backside.

We've had our luggage lost twice, both on connecting flights, when bags had been checked in through to the final destination. Having to fill in the lost luggage form where they ask what's in the bag was a bit of pain, in the end I wrote "lots of dirty washing and souvenirs".

Fortunately the bags were all returned eventually. I hope it's not too long until they are flown home.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
gl20
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Oh no what a right pain in the backside.

We've had our luggage lost twice, both on connecting flights, when bags had been checked in through to the final destination. Having to fill in the lost luggage form where they ask what's in the bag was a bit of pain, in the end I wrote "lots of dirty washing and souvenirs".

Fortunately the bags were all returned eventually. I hope it's not too long until they are flown home.
Could have written exactly the same. Think I’ve been on around 300-400 flights in my lifetime and had bags go missing just twice, but both times were when getting a connecting flight. Both times were returned within 24 hours
gl20 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

It’s the fact that they haven’t a clue
I’m really tempted to tell them to hang on to them at MCO and I’ll collect in January but
They would likely loss them again
BA are blaming AA told the guy that didn’t wash it was booked through BA not my fault the first leg wasAA
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
What a pain Helen. When I arrived at New York last month they told connecting passengers that they had to collect their bags even if they had a through ticket and had checked them in for the whole journey. Something to do with new security rules
However when I left Boston I came home via JFK and my bags were sent through so not sure if the rules are changing or not 🤷🏻
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Colette I actually asked this and was told no you don’t even have to make yourself know at Chicago
So I went for something to eat then to the gate when my group was called my boarding pass wouldn’t scan neither would anyone else’s who were on a domestic transfer for the flight so I’m sure the bags were not put on
At the gate they told us you should have rechecked left hand etc
Old 5 Dec 21, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Colette I actually asked this and was told no you don’t even have to make yourself know at Chicago
So I went for something to eat then to the gate when my group was called my boarding pass wouldn’t scan neither would anyone else’s who were on a domestic transfer for the flight so I’m sure the bags were not put on
At the gate they told us you should have rechecked left hand etc
What a nightmare. Hope they turn up soon, last thing you want to be doing is chasing your bags around the US
Funny you should mention the boarding pass as I was given them for high flights at Boston as well as having them on my phone but at JFK they insisted on giving me new ones
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List