Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 5 Dec 21, 12:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’m so sad your trip is ending - your report has been fab xx safe flight home xx

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
olivia
Serious Dibber

Thank you for this fabulous food report. Have a safe journey home.
olivia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
lcm23
Very Serious Dibber

Ah so sad you trip is ending meaning the end of a super report. I think it should be an absolute requirement that anyone in Orlando should have to provide a trip/food report! I will be adding a report from our trip but that's not til end of April 22 which feels so far away.

You look to have had an amazing time and how lovely that you already have your next trip booked to look forward to.
lcm23 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

What a great report! Thanks for writing it 😄 Safe travels home !
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

I really love food reports that are not just Disney and yours has been fantastic to read. Looking forward to your round up. Have a safe journey.
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
great report, thanks for sharing and looking forward to the final ratings
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Really enjoyed this as there several places you went that we plan on going
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
After the pool, we went back into the parks, starting with Islands for velocicoaster and then we got the Hogwarts Express over to Studios.

I decided to get a piece of Butterbeer Fudge and W got a strawberries and cream soft serve which we ate on the steps by Florean Fortescue’s. The fudge came in a cute box, not sure if this is new but I don’t think we got one last time we ordered fudge!

This was all good although the pieces of fudge are huge for something so indulgent! I think the ice cream just about won the snack battle here, it is such a good flavour.

We then had a last night time ride on Rip Rocket, a quick ride on transformers and then got a place to watch the Cinematic Spectacular. I think this is only on certain nights (possibly weekends) but I highly recommend checking the schedule and watching it if you can. It was brilliant! We watched it in 2019 but the HHN version, which was good, but this one was much better I think. It actually hit me more than Enchantment did but I have to remember that was only from afar so I will still reserve judgement on that one!

We then went back to HRH and did a bit of packing and form completion before heading back into CityWalk for dinner at Bubba Gump Shrimp. We decided on here after a lengthy ‘I don’t know where to eat’ conversation but it seemed like a safe option to guarantee us a good meal!

We have been to the Orlando location before and severely over ordered so we were careful with what we ordered so we could actually get close to finishing our meals!

To drink, W got the watermelon coronarita and I got the Louisiana Lemonade which is lemon rum, tropical lemonade and strawberries. Both came in souvenir glasses.

W has had the coronarita before but never a flavoured version and he loved it! He would definitely have it again.

My drink was lovely, not particularly strong (in either alcohol or general taste!) but was good.

To start, we shared the Shrimp Shack Mac & Cheese which is Shrimp, Cheddar and Monterey Jack Cheese, Elbow Pasta and Parmesan Topping.

This is one of our favourite mac n cheeses anywhere! We think the Yardbird one just about over took it this trip however it really is good and the Parmesan Topping gives it a great crunch.

For entree, W got Forrest’s Surf & Turf which is 10oz Boneless Ribeye, Grilled Shrimp, Mashed Potatoes and Broccoli.

He loved this! The steak was cooked perfectly, the shrimp were huge and the mashed potato was absolutely amazing. A great dish!

I had the Shrimper’s Heaven which is Fried Shrimp, Coconut Shrimp, Tempura Shrimp, Fries, Cocktail Sauce, Cajun Marmalade and Tempura Sauce.

This was really good! The tempura shrimp and fried shrimp were both amazing. I liked the tempura sauce the best and used it with pretty much everything!

I did however notice that there were only two types of shrimp in the basket so I checked with the server who confirmed I was missing my coconut shrimp! He was really good and brought me some over really quickly.

Funnily enough these were my least favourite type of shrimp in the dish but they were massive so I’m sure if you love coconut shrimp these would’ve been amazing!

This was such a good meal and the perfect way to round off our trip. We were really pleased to have picked Bubba Gump’s and to have chosen great dishes!

The bill was just under $110 plus tip.

We then collected our souvenir glasses and walked over to Fat Tuesday for a frozen cocktail. This time we asked them to mix the Strawberry and Eye Candy which they did - it looked cool!

This was really good again and a fab way to round off the evening.

A brilliant last full day.

We’re now just heading to the park for the final early entry before checking out, having lunch at Mythos and then travelling to the airport at around 15.30.
Oh my that FUDGE 😋😋😋 & the ice cream too
All look delicious 🤩🤩
Thanks for taking the time to post some amazing pictures of your lovely holiday 😎
Have a safe journey home 🥰
X

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

That looks like the cheese sandwich of my absolute dreams!

Really sorry your trip is coming to an end, but I have loved every moment
Old 5 Dec 21, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
This has been such a joy to read I’ve so enjoyed the escapism of the last 2 years , thanks a million

Safe journey home 🛫🛬
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List