Old 28 Mar 19, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by kadypants View Post
I just realised you were there the same time as us, so that would make sense that Pirates had long queues then too lol!
I love reading other people's trip reports when it overlaps with the time we were away, I always hope we will see ourselves in their photos! It's never happened so far though.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 19, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Can’t disagree with Kate on there is always room for Pringles 😂
Ha ha, paprika ones first thing in the morning? Although as I'd been up since the small hours it sure felt like lunchtime!

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 19, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Cazzius View Post
Oooh, goody. I am glad you have posted your first day.

A shame you had a long wait for the Eurostar at Ebbsfleet - you could have taken your dad up on his breakfast offer! I know the feeling of wanting to be there and ready.

My, Figment is huge when pictured with the suitcase. He does look pleased to be on the trip though. I had to restrain myself from buying a Pua (the pig from Moana) pillow pet at Disneyland Paris last weekend, and it was the size that persuaded me to leave it for a future Florida trip when our bags will be bigger!

Well done you for walking to the hotel with your bags and checking in. I used the Express Luggage last time because I am lazy, but it meant I was checking in quite late in the day. I love the rooms at Hotel Cheyenne. That Toy Story theming is so cute. I may have to stay there next time.

Hurrah for Hufflepuff! I am a Hufflepuff too and agree with Kate that we need more representation. There's a great video online of Eddie Redmayne who is also a Hufflepuff explaining why it is the best house

I love that maze area and the view from the castle over Fantasyland is lovely. I agree it would be good to have something similar at WDW.

A shame you only managed POTC the once, I think the DLP version is better than the WDW version because of the splashes - but that might just be me.

Well done avoiding any parade and firework spoilers. I bet it was fun riding Indiana Jones with the fireworks happening.

A shame that your dinner did not meet expectations and was only OK. I suppose, at least then all the meals afterwards were better and you weren't disappointed as you had the most underwhelming food first. Silver lining there

Looking forward to reading day 2!
We absolutely should have gone for a fry up! Oh well, maybe next time?

Kate did concede on the homeward bound trip that there probably wasn't w need to bring Figment and that perhaps when we go to Florida we can leave him at home, I really hope this idea takes hold. He is lovely and soft though.

The rooms were great, the theming was beautiful and given I went for the cheapest possible option I'm glad they were as good as they were.

I will ask Kate about the Eddie Redmayne video. We just saw the crimes of grindelwald a couple of weeks ago and it was great. Kate had seen it at the cinema with her friends and found it really hard to resist telling us that an exciting bit was coming up, or explaining what was happening!

The Alice area was lovely. It's a movie we have on DVD and Kate has watched it loads of times, she really enjoyed the labyrinth and views of the park.

It was a shame about Pirates, I don't feel like I gave it my full attention as I was certain we'd do it again, so I have to say I don't really remember much of it and the differences to wdw. We will definitely have to go back.

The meal at the hotel was the worst of the trip, so at least all the others were an improvement and actually, the rest were pretty good buffet food really. While limited in options it suited our needs perfectly and we certainly didn't starve.

I'm glad you're making good use of your APs! I hope you had fun.

Edited to add Kate's reply...

Eddie Redmayne is a hufflepuff in real life, plus so is The Rock, even though Max doesn't believe me, but he is, so there!

By the way, she ran off then as she hasn't seen that video but is going to look it up right now. I'm not sure how she knows The Rock is a hufflepuff, probably a you tube video on that too.

Edited at 08:26 PM.
Old 28 Mar 19, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

Short reply as I am on the tablet and really struggle with the keyboard...

Here’s the Eddie Redmayne video...

Apparently The Rock announced he was a Hufflepuff at the MTV awards sometime... I haven’t seen that though! There’s a tweet he sent about it here though... radiotimes/news/2017...-a-hufflepuff/ (sorry Max!)

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 19, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Ha ha, paprika ones first thing in the morning? Although as I'd been up since the small hours it sure felt like lunchtime!
Maybe not the paprika ones for breakfast, although one of the rules of a holiday is you can eat what you want, whenever you want 😂
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 19, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Just as one trip report end - so another begins

Looking forward to reading about your visit to DLP , especially after today - so many great photos as always
Shame about your evening food.

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 19, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Cazzius View Post
Short reply as I am on the tablet and really struggle with the keyboard...

Here’s the Eddie Redmayne video...

Apparently The Rock announced he was a Hufflepuff at the MTV awards sometime... I haven’t seen that though! There’s a tweet he sent about it here though... radiotimes/news/2017...-a-hufflepuff/ (sorry Max!)
Ha ha, love it.

Old 30 Mar 19, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Maybe not the paprika ones for breakfast, although one of the rules of a holiday is you can eat what you want, whenever you want 😂
Too true.

Old 30 Mar 19, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by walt4it View Post
Just as one trip report end - so another begins

Looking forward to reading about your visit to DLP , especially after today - so many great photos as always
Shame about your evening food.
Writing trip reports certainly fills the gaps between holidays. Although this one will be super speedy. I will likely post day 2 later today.

It was a fun travel day and using Eurostar made me remember how much I love it. It's so easy compared to flying, it was pretty quick too.

Old 3 Apr 19, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
flo-tinka
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for doing this. Really helpful as as me and DD 11 are staying Cheyenne next week

Was the footpath from Cheyenne to Disney Village shut while you were there or a different footpath?
I’m just trying to work out whether I’ve been clever asking Cheyenne for a room near the park end of the hotel in an email earlier today (or will that be a pointless request as we have to go back and cross the bridge to Santa Fe first?)

Edited at 05:56 AM.
flo-tinka is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List