Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Jun 20, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mason1 View Post
Great info! We’re planning for next year and I was looking at either Castle Inn and Suites or Best Western Stovalls Inn. Looking at the map I think Castle Inn will be better (and I notice a Cheesecake Factory not too far away!)
Definatly Castle Inn before Best Western Stovalls Inn. Much better location, nearer to food options and closer walking distance and its alos on the ART bus routes.

And that Chesecake Factory is amazing, its my go to restaurant in the area, been many times.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 20, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
beezer
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mason1 View Post
Great info! We’re planning for next year and I was looking at either Castle Inn and Suites or Best Western Stovalls Inn. Looking at the map I think Castle Inn will be better (and I notice a Cheesecake Factory not too far away!)
We stayed at the Castle inn 2 years ago . Basic hotel but clean and friendly . Great location , in the parks within 10 minutes and plenty of places to eat minutes away . Walgreens and CVS a few minutes walk . Small pool but free parking and WIFI , would go back there again . And it look like a Castle from the outside which my son loved
Old 8 Jun 20, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Updated April 4 2023

World of Color at California Adventures Park

Please note, its been a few years since I have been at this show so some of the information may not be accurate but it will give you a good idea of what to expect.

World of Color is a unique to Disneyland nighttime show. It is a fountain show similar to Fantasmic but there is no live character or props. It is inspired by the 1960's TV show Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color. The show is centred around Pixar Pal Around Ferris Wheel with special effects and animations projected onto the fountain mist screens.

1 = Pixar Pal Around Ferris Wheel

2 = Dining Package reserved viewing area. This area is a standing viewing for anyone who has paid for a dining package at
  1. Wine Country Trattoria Restaurant
  2. Carthay Circle Restaurant
  3. Storytellers Cafe Restaurant
World of Color Dining Packages

All of the 3 restaurants get access to the same area on a first come first served basis.

3. Virtual Queue section
This section is behind the Desert Party section. Its a standing area and depending on the park capacity.

4 = World of Color Desert Party Viewing section
This area is reserved for people who have paid for the desert party. This is a seated area. You are brought to a table and chairs and are served a cheese plate and dessert selection with a drink just before the show starts. You eat the food as you watch the show. This is one of the premium dining experiences. If this is something which interest you, do some research before you book to see if paying the premium price is worth it for you.
World of Color Dessert Party

The areas at the very front are known as the splash zone and are open to anyone who has ticket for any of the viewing areas on a first come first served basis. Its known as the splash zone as depending on the wind and general weather conditions during the show people in this area can either feel a light mist or get a bit wet. The CM's warn people who go into this section about getting wet.

Edited at 10:18 AM.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 20, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeymouseears
Excited about Disney

Great thread Tink !
mickeymouseears is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 20, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
kenzzi
Excited about Disney

Thank you for posting this thread, im just looking at going for the first time, and the info here is great
kenzzi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 20, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

This is brilliant, thank you. We’re going as part of our honeymoon next year, first time in LA and Disneyland, very excited
orlandoamber is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 20, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
sizzle
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 11
Mobile

I loved the World of Color Dessert Party and would thoroughly recommend it to anyone thinking of doing it.
Old 11 Jun 20, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
I loved the World of Color Dessert Party and would thoroughly recommend it to anyone thinking of doing it.
This is something I have never done, can you give us some information about your experience? Is my estimation of the table locations on the map accurate? What was the food and drink like?
Old 11 Jun 20, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
colzo100
Excited about Disney

Great idea! Thanks very much!
colzo100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
sizzle
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 11
Originally Posted by Bad Pink Tink View Post
This is something I have never done, can you give us some information about your experience? Is my estimation of the table locations on the map accurate? What was the food and drink like?
The dessert party is in section 4, with the fast pass in 3.

I Really enjoyed the food as it was cheese, cakes and grapes with a bread basket to share on the table. I Personally preferred it to the food we got at the Magic Kingdom dessert party but my son disagrees with me. I’m sure I had a sparkling wine when we arrived and then a hot chocolate later on as it was a bit nippy.

What made it for me was being able to sit at a table whilst watching the world of colour. There are two rows of tables with a walkway between them and you are allocated a table. The first row are normal tables and chairs with the 2nd row being bar tables and chairs which I don’t like sitting on so was a bit gutted at first when we were ushered to the 2nd row but they were fine and the view was amazing. Another thing to note is if you are in a party of two you will be seated with another family. My son and I were seated with a lovely lady and her daughter.

Hope that helps, I’d definitely do it again if we went back, not cheap but what is at Disney!