Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 6 Sep 21, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Anthem Adventures - Day 6 Sea Day

So today was to be my final full day on-board, and I will be honest and say the week has flown by – it’s only the thought of my next cruise on the Sky Princess in a few weeks that is keeping my spirits up! It’s also very light on pics today as I actually did very little!

I had another later start this morning as it was a sea day, so I had nowhere that I needed to be. I was soon up and dressed and headed to Windjammers for breakfast – to be met with the disaster that there were no cinnamon rolls left! The horrors 😱 – I made up my mind at this point that I would be getting an early start on the cocktails!
As I left the restaurant, I headed to my usual spot in the Solarium – despite it being a sea day, there were still lots of sunbeds available, so I parked myself down on one for the day and flagged down a passing waiter to order the first of my many cocktails of the day – I started with a pineapple guava sangria (or 2 or 3)

and then moved on to pina coladas

I will be honest and say I didn’t take too many pics today, but I’m sure you all know what cocktails look like by now!
As I was enjoying my cocktails and reading my kindle, my phone pinged with another notification from the dating app – I knew it wasn’t the guy from yesterday as we had unmatched (by mutual agreement) so it was a match from another guy I must have swiped on yesterday in Belfast!

Again I thought it only nice to message to explain I was an idiot, possibly as a result of too many cocktails and that I was heading home from my single day in Belfast, and wished him luck in matching with more sober ladies. Within minutes I had a message back asking if I fancied a chat anyway. 2 hours and several cocktails later, we were still messaging back and forth when he asked if I would consider going out on a date at some point in the future – we could work out logistics and sort something out. I pointed out I would actually be back in Belfast on my next cruise if he was free – and within minutes we had arranged to meet up!

After my 5th cocktail of the afternoon, I thought it may be a good idea to have some food, so headed down to Sorrento’s to pick up a slice of pizza and another coffee from Starbucks to take back to my stateroom – I had to think about getting organised with my packing at some point. When I got back to my room, I dragged the case out from under the bed, then headed to the balcony to enjoy the late afternoon sunshine and my coffee (and cocktail!) – anything to put it off!

I was still messaging back and forth with the Belfast guy, but Wi-Fi was playing up on the app, so he suggested exchanging numbers and continuing on WhatsApp which seemed to be working better as I was also messaging my sister, and my friends Anna & Rachel.

After a while, I got my act together and the packing was quickly sorted, I was showered and changed ready for my final dinner, so headed out to the dining room to eat. I had a reservation and was quickly ushered through to my usual section and had the same team of waiters – my order was quickly taken and my drink arrived very quickly!
Tonight’s offerings were Asian Pork Tacos, Chicken cordon Bleu, apple Blossom tart and a cappuccino – all of which were delicious!

I had a second seabreeze (got to make the most of the last day of the drinks package!) and headed off to the theatre for my final show of the cruise – the East coast Boys – I thought they were really good and thoroughly enjoyed my last evening on-board!

After the show I collected another cocktail and took it back to my stateroom to enjoy my final late evening session on the balcony, reflecting on what a fantastic trip it had been! ❤️

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
tigger48
VIP Dibber

I like your style and resilience - no more cinnamon rolls… er ok cocktails start earlier 😊
tigger48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Missing out on cinnamon rolls=excuse for cocktails..love it!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List