Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 Sep 21, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Depends how you look at it. Current bands will still work, the new stuff all sounds like gimmicks to me. I don't really want my band flashing lights at me whenever it feels like it, so think I'll stick with the standard style.
Me too. Happy to stick with my Apple Watch and old style MB.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 21, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Just watched a video about the new generation of bands and there are certainly some interesting details. They are rechargeable, unlike the current generation which last roughly 2 years. The light sync to shows sounds great - better than glow with the show hats which you couldn't see yourself while wearing them.

They recognise gestures a bit like a Wii controller, and the interactions sync with your phone. I reckon we'll see some augmented reality tech and interactive games there.

Haptic feedback will be useful for purchases, park entry, alerts for dining/lightning lane.

Cool stuff 😄
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 21, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

I don't like fireworks or Star Wars plus I only use my phone on holiday when it's absolutely necessary. I love watching what's going on around me and soaking up the atmosphere. Generally enjoying being there. For me, techbology/staring at a tiny screen detracts from that.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 21, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
Just watched a video about the new generation of bands and there are certainly some interesting details. They are rechargeable, unlike the current generation which last roughly 2 years. The light sync to shows sounds great - better than glow with the show hats which you couldn't see yourself while wearing them.

They recognise gestures a bit like a Wii controller, and the interactions sync with your phone. I reckon we'll see some augmented reality tech and interactive games there.

Haptic feedback will be useful for purchases, park entry, alerts for dining/lightning lane.

Cool stuff 😄
It lights up. I'm sold! 😆
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 21, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Tillyfloss
Imagineer

Just managed to order 50th magic bands via VPN.
Reading on Twitter that a lot of merchandise, including a magic band has already sold out.
MK looks manic!
Tillyfloss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 21, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
It lights up. I'm sold! 😆
I think it was on the official Disney podcast I listened to where they were saying:

The best thing about being an adult going to Disney, you can now buy all those things that light up and sparkle to your heart's content. Nobody will tell you "no" 😆
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 21, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
I think it was on the official Disney podcast I listened to where they were saying:

The best thing about being an adult going to Disney, you can now buy all those things that light up and sparkle to your heart's content. Nobody will tell you "no" 😆
Apart from my husband who i will ignore.
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List