Old 24 Sep 21, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
A touch of Disney and 2 cruises in a week! Day at Sea and Debarkation

Tuesday

We both slept really well and barely noticed any movement at all during the night.

We got up and headed for breakfast in Lumieres at about 0930, I had Mickey Waffles and fruit plus a cinnamon roll. Rob decided on an omelette plus a blueberry muffin.

Coffee and tea was supplied and topped up regularly, we had different servers this morning but service was still incredibly good.

After breakfast we went looking for the shops - there had been a long queue on night 1 but thankfully not now. We looked in both shops and decided on a t shirt each plus a pin (there was a very limited selection which was a shame) and we got the cruise bag too!

We dropped our shopping back to the room and explored deck 9 and 10 a little further. The sun was out but it was a little breezy, not bad though for Sept!

We eventually got sandwiches for lunch from Daisy’s (I think) and I think Rob got a slice of pizza.

At 2 we went to the theatre to watch the new marvel movie Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings, there weren't very many people in the theatre. We both enjoyed the movie although popcorn would have been nice.

After the movie we needed a rest! So we chilled in our room for a little while before we went back to the theatre for Disney Dreams.

I enjoyed the show but I actually think Tangled was better - a more cohesive story I think. I don't want to give away what happens but I did enjoy the classic Disney elements.

Back to the room to get ready for dinner, we had our gratuity envelopes provided and a survey to complete. We saw Jeryll (our stateroom attendant) on the way out and so handed her the envelope.

Dinner tonight was at Lumiere’s and there was a pianist and a violin playing throughout.

For starters Rob had Brie and I had duck confit, we were also provided bread which was very nice - I think I preferred the pretzel bread though.

We both had chateaubriand for our main, Rob had his cooked medium whereas I had mine Well Done (and you can see the difference on the photos).

Finally I had a chocolate cake and rob had strawberry sundae - which looked very similar to the day before! I had hoped to get a Mickey bar but apparently they were out of them - I was offered a Magnum but I can get them anywhere

We headed back to our room to pack and put our bag out - this needed to be done by 2230. We didn't have loads to pack so it didn't take us long but it was a bit sad that we were almost finished with our cruise.

Wednesday

This morning we were awake at 0730, had our showers and packed our final bits into our hand luggage.

We headed to breakfast at 0850, taking our luggage with us as instructed, where we had omelettes plus toast, and a cinnamon roll for me and muffin for Rob.

Shortly after we arrived an announcement told us we could depart when ready so once we had eaten we took a quick restroom stop and we were off.

They scanned our card as we departed the ship and we were quickly back onto dry land.

We collected our bag from the hall and were in the car just after 0930.

The drive home was relatively uneventful, some traffic crossing the Dartford bridge but pretty clear after that.

We stopped again at the Starbucks near Fleet to top the car up with a bit more charge - we used the rest of our free credit and spent another £2.50 of our own.

We arrived back home just after 1300.

Edited at 11:03 AM.
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List