Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 26 Sep 21, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
JSP
Imagineer

Anthem of the seas questions.

We are due to sail on Anthem this Saturday and was wandering if anyone who has sailed on her recently can fill me in on a few things regarding how things are done in the present situation, we are far from new cruisers but cruising during covid is very new to us!
How do the shows work? I know you book etc but I mean the seating arrangements, are you shown to a seat? Do they cordon off sections?
Same in the main dining room, I’m assuming you only share a table with those on your booking?
What about the buffet, do the crew serve you?
What about lifts, I’m assuming they limit numbers in them?
Sorry haha we are really looking forward to this, but there are a few unknowns!
Oh and while I’m here, how dressy have the U.K. cruises been on the “formal” nights?
Thanks
Old 26 Sep 21, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
I was on 23rd August cruise.
You book the shows via the app once you get on board. You turn up at the booked time and are shown to seating by a crew member.
In the main dining room, we had a table allocated to us but we were set time dining rather than the my time dining option. I think it was one party to a table but can’t say 100%.
In the windjammer, you queue outside (even if you book a slot you still have to queue with those that haven’t booked) and are shown to a table. A server will get your drinks. You can then visit the different food stations but the food is served to you.
Lifts were slightly contentious. It was one party to a lift or max of 4 people (I think it was 4).
This wasn’t really respected that well. We would wait for an empty lift (often letting several go) and then when we got in to an empty lift, it would stop at other floors and other passengers would just get in.
Formal nights are pretty much up to you. I saw black tie and long dresses and then others in jeans.
We had a fab time, hope you enjoy as much as we did.
Old 27 Sep 21, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Pootle
Very Serious Dibber

Pootle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
I'm also on this Saturday's sailing and so the information was useful to me. I had expected it to be similar to the two Celebrity UK cruises I have done this year, but there are obvious difference I note, probably because it's a bigger ship?

On Celebrity we always experienced the 'four to a lift' being honoured apart from one occasion when those who got in were embarrassed on seeing the notices.

Booking for shows will also be new to me, although I have done a previous Royal Caribbean where you booked for an ice show. I did not expect to have to queue up to enter the buffet either, but did expect the crew to serve you, as per Celebrity.

Do you have any idea how many were on your cruise? I am hoping for less than 50%, fingers crossed!
Old 27 Sep 21, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
Originally Posted by Pootle View Post
I'm also on this Saturday's sailing and so the information was useful to me. I had expected it to be similar to the two Celebrity UK cruises I have done this year, but there are obvious difference I note, probably because it's a bigger ship?

On Celebrity we always experienced the 'four to a lift' being honoured apart from one occasion when those who got in were embarrassed on seeing the notices.

Booking for shows will also be new to me, although I have done a previous Royal Caribbean where you booked for an ice show. I did not expect to have to queue up to enter the buffet either, but did expect the crew to serve you, as per Celebrity.

Do you have any idea how many were on your cruise? I am hoping for less than 50%, fingers crossed!
Ours was the busiest cruise they had done about 2500 I think with over 800 kids. Maybe this is why we had to queue!
I imagine the half term cruise on 25th October will be busy but I would think it should be quieter until then. Ps the app is really easy to use but make sure you book any of the free taster sessions as soon as you get on the ship this includes the North Star, ifly and bumper cars.

Edited at 11:02 AM.
Dendycat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
I was on the 23rd August cruise too and queues at the buffet depended on what time you arrived - some days I walked straight in, others a few minutes wait, but they had a waiter busking to entertain us 😂
I was able to swap and change all shows on the day once booked apart from We Will Rock You - that one did get booked up.
I’ve been told Oct sailings are much quieter other than half term - I’m booked in the 20th to go back and need to call to add another person to my booking, but I’m told it won’t be an issue as it’s so quiet 😊

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We are currently on Anthem, the ship is like a ghost ship. We asked a crew member and they said there are around 800 people on board.

We have not had to queue for any dining location so far, the Windjammer is only open for breakfast and lunch. As mentioned by others all food is served to you rather than self serve.

We are on My Time Dining and have been seated at a table for 2 so far.
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
JSP
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lizzim View Post
We are currently on Anthem, the ship is like a ghost ship. We asked a crew member and they said there are around 800 people on board.

We have not had to queue for any dining location so far, the Windjammer is only open for breakfast and lunch. As mentioned by others all food is served to you rather than self serve.

No problem finding seats in the venues then!
Is everything still open? Hoping the haven’t closed half the ship!

Edited at 02:13 PM.
JSP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Pootle
Very Serious Dibber

Pootle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Lizzim View Post

Music to my ears 😃. Thanks to everyone who responded!
Old 27 Sep 21, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by JSP View Post
No problem finding seats in the venues then!
Is everything still open? Hoping the haven’t closed half the ship!
The only thing I am aware of being closed is the Windjammer for dinner.

We went to breakfast at about 0930 today and had literally a gang of staff bringing us our food, drinks etc. I feel a bit bad for the staff as it feels odd with so few people here…
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
JSP
Imagineer

It sounds like it’s going to be a very relaxing week

Thanks everyone x