Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 14 Oct 21, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Maajkie
Getting to know the DIBB

Hard Rock Hotel or Royal Pacific?

Hi all,

We are planning on going to Universal prior to our WDW trip. We have decided we want to stay at either Hard Rock Hotel or Royal Pacific. Anybody stayed at both of them and has a preference for one of them? We are first-timers, so all feedback is appreciated.

Thanks so much!
Maajkie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 21, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Tetrarch
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 23
I've stayed at both HRH and RPR and prefer the calmer atmosphere of the latter. I also prefer the tropical pool area of RPR but my DD's would probably prefer HRH for the underwater music and film nights around the pool. It really comes down to the ages of your group and what kind of vibe you prefer, although if there was a big difference in price, that would probably be the deciding factor.

Debra
Old 14 Oct 21, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

I prefer HRH myself but there’s plenty say the opposite. Personally we would go with whichever is better value (usually RPR) but the food is better at the HRH pool bar. Think Hard Rock Cafe without a queue.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 21, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

I’ve stayed at both and agree, prefer the more calmer atmosphere at RPR resort. Having said that I stay at whichever is cheaper.
HRH is slightly closer to US, RPR closer to IOA.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 21, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
pmac
Imagineer

pmac's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
We have stayed at both and usually pick by whichever one is the cheapest, as its usually for a one night stay.

But the last time we were there we staying for longer and really wanted to stay at RPR, however we ended up at the HRH as it was cheaper.

On check in I was oh no, what have we done, as it was so noisy, but we had a fabulous stay and really enjoyed the vibe from the hotel and pool area.

I don't think you can go wrong with whichever one you choose.
2005 Lindfields - 2008 Indian Creek - 2010 Sunset Lakes - 2012 Sunset Lakes - 2015 Sunset Lakes - 2017 Sunset Lakes - 2019 Onsite at Disney and Universal - 2022 Hard Rock Hotel and Magic Resort - 2023 Drurys Plaza, The Contemporary and Hard Rock Hotel
pmac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 21, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Maajkie
Getting to know the DIBB

Thanks all!
Good to know that basically both hotels are a good choice. They both look awesome.
The cheaper option (Royal Pacific) is only USD 100 cheaper then HRH, so that's not really a decisive factor for us ;-)
Maajkie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 21, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
prt2
Very Serious Dibber

Of the two we prefer RPR but both are very good.I prefer Jakes Bar and the pool at RPR. If there is 4 of you in a room it’s worth checking the upgrade to Club Level. Only done this at RPR and it was well worth the cost with 4 of us.
prt2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 21, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We prefer RPR- if I was just staying 1 night for the express passes I’d choose the cheapest
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 21, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
mrmoo123
Imagineer

Can't go wrong with either they are both awesome so I'd go with cheapest but if I absolutely had to pick a favourite then would be the HRH
Old 14 Oct 21, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

As all comments above, hrh is great and lively. I prefer the boat ride to and from the parks from rph and the more calm vibe of the hotel in general. As for the rooms, exactly the same except for the decor (normal rooms, not stayed at club level or anything) unless you want/dont want lively /chilled go for value. Either way you will have a great stay. Even if its only $100, thats still $100 you can spend elsewhere while not loosing out on quality of stay.
littlelish0544 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List