Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Oct 21, 06:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

Last child leaving home

Well my youngest daughter is moving into a flat with her boyfriend today. She is my last to go . I’m happy and she is so excited and looking forward to the next stage of her life but I feel a bit sad too.
I won’t miss the messy bedroom tho.
Busy day ahead as helping them with the move.
Tinks2014 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 21, 06:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Moleymole
Imagineer

Oh no, mixed emotions no doubt - happy for her, but sad in your heart also. I hope moving day goes well.
OKW again 2015 and Anna Maria
2017 Contemporary Resort & Anna Maria
ALWAYS AUGUST!

August 2022 my 50th! - Universal Hardrock Hotel, Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk villas, Polynesian, Anna Maria Island.

Moleymole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 21, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
2waterford
VIP Dibber

Not easy, we have an empty nest with the last 6 weeks, takes a bit of getting used to, the bit I find hardest is our dd moved to Canada and I miss her terribly. Sometimes a tidy house can be a poor substitute. Take care x
2waterford is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 21, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

It must be so hard - I’m dreading my two boys leaving home. I’m trying to do some things now, just DH and I, just to get used to it - although at the moment it doesn’t work so well as the boys are still at home and I feel guilty leaving them!😂 I’m hoping once they actually leave home the guilt of doing things on our own will subside too! 😂

Sending you the biggest of hugs ❤️
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 21, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Well done you on completing part one of your mission. Hope today goes well.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 21, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

I’m so pleased she’s happy and about to start the next part of her journey in life, but I completely understand your emotions and send you lots of love 💕

I’m being phased into this period a little slower as our youngest is in uni. She’s in her third year and lives away, but due to Covid restrictions it does mean she was home more often over the past two years. This means she’s still only been away for part of the year. Plus her uni city is only an hour away so we can now visit her and she can pop home for an odd weekend to see us so, even this year without Covid restrictions, she comes home sometimes. So it’s almost as if I’m getting prepared for when she finally leaves uni and gets a job and moves out permanently

I’m still going to find it very hard though. Although hopefully she will still live within visiting distance of us as one of our older sons do. Sadly for us, although we’re pleased he’s enjoying his life, our other son lives in Vietnam now and we’ve only seen him once in the past 5 years when we visited him in 2019. That’s hard sometimes 😢

I’m sure you’ll still see your DD often and she’ll pop over for a chat and some food occasionally 😄
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 21, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

I think its so important for our kids to leave the nest and live with their partner or on their own, although sadly not all can afford to afford the rent or get a mortgage. I’m sure it will be an exciting time for your daughter and her partner.

My son and his partner recently told me that they had decided to save more money over the next 4 years before buying a property together, but I convinced them to buy their own property sooner rather than later as the money they saved could be wasted if property prices continue to rise, so subsequently they are in the process of buying their own house.

I think mums prefer to hold onto to their kids for longer than dads do.

Edited at 12:14 PM.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 21, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Ours are all left home although we'd always have them back if needs be. They did bounce back and forth for quite a few years but at ages 34, 32 and 27 I think they are all finally settled 🙂
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 21, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyStacey
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

No doubt mixed emotions for you today, but part of our jobs as parents is to nurture their independence and get them ready for life outside the “nest” - just shows you’ve done a great job! Take care and hope all goes well xx
DisneyStacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 21, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Our daughter left home in 2002 she was the first to leave it wasn’t too bad as we still had 3 boys at home until 2007 then our eldest and middle son left within weeks of each other.
The eldest son did come back briefly in 2009 then he met his Gf and they very quickly moved in together.
Our youngest left in 2015 when he moved in with his GF who is now our daughter-in-law.
It was very strange having no children at home at first but we adapted although Christmas morning is now very very quiet and I do miss all the noise and excitement of that.