Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 Oct 21, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
SleepingBeauty
Imagineer

I’m in Vegas currently. The cost of everything out here has risen quite dramatically.
SleepingBeauty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 21, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

When were you last there SB? I haven't been in a few years now (2017) and even then, the prices were getting ridiculous. As much as I loved my trips, I'm glad to be out of the conference circuit tbh!
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 21, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SleepingBeauty View Post
I’m in Vegas currently. The cost of everything out here has risen quite dramatically.
That’s not welcome news!

Can you give a few examples?

I found that the price of a nice cocktail had gone up a lot over the last few years. Our most recent trip was November 2019. We still found great hotel rates then.
Old 30 Oct 21, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
SleepingBeauty
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
When were you last there SB? I haven't been in a few years now (2017) and even then, the prices were getting ridiculous. As much as I loved my trips, I'm glad to be out of the conference circuit tbh!
I was last here in 2019 and you could get awesome deals on 5 star resorts, good bargains on fine dining, cheap cocktails everywhere, free passes to shows, etc. We typically stay at Wynn but at $650+ per night now we opted for the new Hilton Resorts World and it’s a nice hotel.
SleepingBeauty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 21, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
SleepingBeauty
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
That’s not welcome news!

Can you give a few examples?

I found that the price of a nice cocktail had gone up a lot over the last few years. Our most recent trip was November 2019. We still found great hotel rates then.
Karen, the wonderful rates have disappeared. The Bellagio, Wynn, Palazzo, etc are now charging exorbitant prices. Rental cars are scarce and similarly insanely priced. A good but not fancy lunch at a sit-down restaurant can easily run you well over $125 and dinner is much more. Tickets for shows have risen and any other entertainment.

And the most sadly, I’m seeing more homeless on the streets now than ever. 😟
Old 30 Oct 21, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SleepingBeauty View Post
Karen, the wonderful rates have disappeared. The Bellagio, Wynn, Palazzo, etc are now charging exorbitant prices. Rental cars are scarce and similarly insanely priced. A good but not fancy lunch at a sit-down restaurant can easily run you well over $125 and dinner is much more. Tickets for shows have risen and any other entertainment.

And the most sadly, I’m seeing more homeless on the streets now than ever. 😟
Crikey!

That is all really bad news.

Thank you though, for explaining what has gone up (by the sound of it, everything).

And the news about the number of people with no home increasing is really sad.
Old 30 Oct 21, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Sorry to jump in, how do you find out if there are conventions on?

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 21, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by princessnicki View Post
Sorry to jump in, how do you find out if there are conventions on?
Loads of websites Nicki

I will have a look in the morning and link some of if helps. You want to also think about other events like the big weekends for, example, race weekends. To be honest, if you look up a months rates at hotel(s) big events really stand out!
Old 31 Oct 21, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Loads of websites Nicki

I will have a look in the morning and link some of if helps. You want to also think about other events like the big weekends for, example, race weekends. To be honest, if you look up a months rates at hotel(s) big events really stand out!
Thank you so much that would be really helpful

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 21, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I’ve always stayed mid range (Flamingo, MGM etc ) on Strip apart from a few comps and looking at prices for next year it seems the price gap between the top hotels and mid range has widened considerably.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List