Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 7 Nov 21, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
TravelaruaL
Getting Excited

Caribbean cruise advice August

Hi all,
My fiancé and I are currently starting to plan out what we would like to do for our honeymoon in August 2023 (I’m a teacher and the wedding is in the May half term holiday).
Does anybody have any advice on cruises they have been on during that time of year that they recommend? We are open to any Caribbean islands starting at any US state apart from Alaskan cruises which my OH doesn’t fancy.

So far we have seen the NCL Hawaii cruise and a few east coast cruises with the likes of Marella and Carnival. We have been on one cruise before which was Marella Mediterranean Medley so would like something different.

I can’t see any Royal Caribbean for August 23 so I’m assuming they either don’t sail then or they’re not yet released? Any advice would be much appreciated! TIA.
TravelaruaL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 21, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by TravelaruaL View Post
Hi all,
My fiancé and I are currently starting to plan out what we would like to do for our honeymoon in August 2023 (I’m a teacher and the wedding is in the May half term holiday).
Does anybody have any advice on cruises they have been on during that time of year that they recommend? We are open to any Caribbean islands starting at any US state apart from Alaskan cruises which my OH doesn’t fancy.

So far we have seen the NCL Hawaii cruise and a few east coast cruises with the likes of Marella and Carnival. We have been on one cruise before which was Marella Mediterranean Medley so would like something different.

I can’t see any Royal Caribbean for August 23 so I’m assuming they either don’t sail then or they’re not yet released? Any advice would be much appreciated! TIA.
The caribbean is more of a winter cruise destination - give that the summer is hurricane season. Alaska is the summer destination!

I have had a quick look at Celebrity and Princess
Celebrity have released their '23 schedule - nothing in the Caribbean in the summer
Princess show no Caribbean for summer '22 so I would assume that it would be the same for 23.

Sorry x
katiec68 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 21, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen1512
Very Serious Dibber

Hi. We’re booked on a royal Caribbean cruise august 2022. We’re sailing from Cape Liberty in New York so having 4 nights in New York first. We sail to Cape Canaveral then to Coco Cay and Nassau. It will be our first Caribbean cruise but there are definitely sailings in august. Maybe 2023 haven’t been released yet?
Old 10 Nov 21, 06:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Most lines haven’t released that far out yet, shouldn’t be long though. There’ll be plenty of choices for august.
Bellasmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 21, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
TravelaruaL
Getting Excited

Thank you I’ll keep an eye out on the website.
TravelaruaL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 21, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

We have cruised many times from Florida at the end on August, early September. Like has been suggested it’s probably a little bit early to have 2023 dates fully released.
Whilst it is Hurricane season we only once (out of possibly 10 cruises) had to have a change of itinerary to avoid the bad weather.
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 21, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

There’s hundreds of cruises from Florida into the Caribbean and Bahamas in summer. It’s definitely not an off season. Hurricane season is in full swing then, but you’d be unlucky to meet one. September and October can be worse for hurricanes.
The RCL ones to CocoCay are not to be missed, it is fantastic.
Old 11 Nov 21, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

NCL. have now released 2023/4 itineraries. Expect others to follow soon.
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 21, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
cherub85
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We are planning to book a USA based cruise for 2023. We like the look of the marella ones, one week going to key west, Miami and Caribbean and the second heading up to New York.
cherub85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 22, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
TORIMS
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Helen1512 View Post
Hi. We’re booked on a royal Caribbean cruise august 2022. We’re sailing from Cape Liberty in New York so having 4 nights in New York first. We sail to Cape Canaveral then to Coco Cay and Nassau. It will be our first Caribbean cruise but there are definitely sailings in august. Maybe 2023 haven’t been released yet?
We are doing exactly the same itinerary but in July. Are you sailing on Oasis?
We have sailed from Cape Liberty before, on Anthem, and it is a fabulous port to leave from! Get up on deck for the sail away for amazing views of Manhattan and Statue of Liberty, and watch everyones look of mild panic as the ship passes under the Verrazanno bridge 🤣
Vicki x

Apr 1998 Rodeway Inn International drive
Oct 2000 Quality Inn Anahiem, Navy lodge Coranado & The Rio Las Vegas
Apr 2005 Formosa Gardens & Toronto
Dec 2007 Newport Bay DLP
Feb 2012 Port Orleans Riverside

Aug 2014 2 weeks SSR (1 night HRH)
TORIMS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List