Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 10 Nov 21, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Response from HRH (I specifically asked about the pool):

‘Being as forthcoming as possible we do have a section of the pool that is sectioned off with fencing to obstruct the view of our building renovations.’

A little disappointed as we actually switched from RPR to HRH but nothing we can do now as everywhere else is booked up for our dates! We check in to HRH for the last leg of our trip in just over two weeks, so I’ll try to remember to update this thread when I can however I’ll probably be more likely to mention it in my food report (particularly if this in any way affects The Kitchen!).
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 21, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
Response from HRH (I specifically asked about the pool):

‘Being as forthcoming as possible we do have a section of the pool that is sectioned off with fencing to obstruct the view of our building renovations.’

A little disappointed as we actually switched from RPR to HRH but nothing we can do now as everywhere else is booked up for our dates! We check in to HRH for the last leg of our trip in just over two weeks, so I’ll try to remember to update this thread when I can however I’ll probably be more likely to mention it in my food report (particularly if this in any way affects The Kitchen!).
Thank you for the update and sorry to hear this.

Would be interesting to know how they can section off part of the pool, or would they mean pool area?

Hoping this doesn't impact you too much...

Wondering also whether they are getting the back of the hotel done during the winter months when maybe the pool may be a little quieter?

This is the message I have seen from a TA:

"Legendary rock stars are always evolving and so is Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando. Starting October '21, we will be replacing the hotel's roof and refurbishing and painting the exterior of the hotel. This work is expected to take 11 months to complete. There may be noise between 9am-6pm. Most areas of the hotel will be affected although will try to keep guest rooms being used away from the work."
Old 10 Nov 21, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Also to add... I have heard from Universal about next May.

Suggested that the work 'should' be completed by then, however, if not, it will not affect the pool area.
Old 10 Nov 21, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
mouskevik
Imagineer

I'm going in August and I love that place so much I won't let a bit of scaffolding put me off. Plus if it's done by then, even better!
Sandy Ridge/Miami/HRH - Aug 2019
mouskevik is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 21, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
baggers
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
Also to add... I have heard from Universal about next May.

Suggested that the work 'should' be completed by then, however, if not, it will not affect the pool area.
Thanks Mike. We are there for a few nights in may too
baggers is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 21, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyElles
Excited about Disney

Thanks for posting this - we are staying in January in club level, booked via a third party (I think Travel Republic) and haven't heard anything.

We got a good rate, so will probably keep the booking... may have a quick look at other hotel prices as we also like Royal Pacific and Portofino.
Disney Magic: 2019, 2021, 2022
DVC owner since 2018
DisneyElles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 21, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
I’m looking for next august and am seeing that the hrh is the cheapest out of the 3 express hotels (which is unusual), assuming it’s is because of this.
Old 14 Nov 21, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
linnite
Imagineer

Please do post folks when you get there. I now have a Portofino booking to go with our HRH booking and will cancel one or the other before the balance is due on 6th Dec.

Many thanks.

Nov '01 - I-Drive ... May '09 - DL Paris ... Aug '11 - Pop ... Aug '13 - SSR ... Aug '15 - A/S Music + HRH ... Aug '17 - RPR,CBR,AKL ... Feb '18 - Cabana Bay ... Feb '19 - Aventura + A/S Sports ... Dec '21 Dolphin and HRH... Aug '23 Surfside and A/S Music... Feb '24 Surfside
linnite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 21, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DH and DS should be there in 3 weeks ( covid tests pending). BA did email with the update but to be honest the boys aren’t worried about the renovations. I’ll update one they arrive.
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 21, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Andy
Imagineer

I am spending a night at the hotel on Sunday 28th November so I will update on how it is
Mr Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List