Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 10 Nov 21, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
moblies
Proud to wear my Ears

Fontainebleau Miami beach

Anyone stayed, looking to fly to Miami and stay here for the night then probably a couple of nights after Disney.

Can't see Parking charges other than Valet at $49 per night
moblies is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 21, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Had dinner there 1980 it was brilliant 😊

It might have changed a bit 😂

Hope you get there, it was " the place to be " once.
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 21, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I’m staying just down the road at Confidente but intending to visit Burger and Pizza at the Fontainbleau.
Confidante I think also has rip off valet only at $55 a day. Mrs YT has spotted a parking spot outside somewhere she was saying at about $20 so that’s where I will be going.
Old 10 Nov 21, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
moblies
Proud to wear my Ears

google seems to suggest its valet only, its only 3 days stay so not the end of the world and looks to be a nice place to unwind at the end of two weeks at Disney. think resort fee is another $33 +tax a night as well.
moblies is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 21, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Willeve
Imagineer

We stayed there for one night about 5 or 6 years ago, my husband is a huge James Bond fan! Parking is crazy expensive and so is the resort fee. I must confess, we were not too impressed after the price we paid, didn’t have a coffee machine but did have an Apple Mac! It’s not close to anything really, you need to get a cab/drive to restaurants. As you can imagine, the hotel dining prices are huge. The pool area and beach area is beautiful, it’s very much a place for young, rich ,beautiful people!
Willeve is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 21, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Willeve View Post
We stayed there for one night about 5 or 6 years ago, my husband is a huge James Bond fan! Parking is crazy expensive and so is the resort fee. I must confess, we were not too impressed after the price we paid, didn’t have a coffee machine but did have an Apple Mac! It’s not close to anything really, you need to get a cab/drive to restaurants. As you can imagine, the hotel dining prices are huge. The pool area and beach area is beautiful, it’s very much a place for young, rich ,beautiful people!
There are quite a lot of good restaurants around it- most in hotels though but some good ones.
Fontainebleau has Burger and Pizza now which is well rated and not too bad.
You are more likely to see Tyson Fury there nowadays, he seems to go quite a bit.
Old 11 Nov 21, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
fileyboy
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Went a few years ago, it was fine but not outstanding. It was a corporate thing so we did not get chance to use all the facilities but the pool and pool bar were nice. You can walk along the beach boardwalk right down to ocean drive area. Make sure you pronounce it Font and bloo not the correct French way or the yanks will not have a clue what you are on about!
fileyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 21, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
JimmyCricket
Excited about Disney

We are booked in for 3 nights at the start of the trip so I am grabbing the car after the stay! Went there many years ago when I was a child so that was about 45years ago

Always remember they filmed Goldfinger there?
JimmyCricket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 21, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by JimmyCricket View Post
We are booked in for 3 nights at the start of the trip so I am grabbing the car after the stay! Went there many years ago when I was a child so that was about 45years ago

Always remember they filmed Goldfinger there?
And Scarface with Al Pacino I think.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
EatandPlay
Apprentice Imagineer
- DIBB Advertiser -

It's a huge property, especially by Miami Beach standards. Very nice too, obviously. But it's expensive and most of the dining options nearby are actually in the property. Many prefer to stay further south and closer to the heart of South Beach.