Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 12 Nov 21, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
What a great start. Your breakfast looks great. I’m hoping to try Steakhouse 71 for lunch in the summer.

Thanks for reporting back on a genie+. Certainly seems like it’s the way to go for afternoons at HS using stacking.

Enjoy!
Old 12 Nov 21, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
hushabyepie
Getting Excited

Are you adding genie+ as you need it or did you add the package to your ticket for the duration before you left?
hushabyepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 21, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
You must have been shattered by the end of the day. A fab morning in MK with all the rides and then stacking up attractions in HS in the afternoon. It sounds like you eally enjoyed your first day and had a great time.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 21, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Breakfast looked good, pleased you got to do your favourite rides.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 21, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
MENTALMUM
Very Serious Dibber

How does the genie + work, we are only doing one day, morning in animal kingdom park hopping at 2 to magic kingdom. I thought you could only book one ride at a time and had to be in the park to book, any help would be great as we want to cover as much as we can in one day.
MENTALMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 12:26 AM  
Link to this Post
catalunya
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by hushabyepie View Post
Are you adding genie+ as you need it or did you add the package to your ticket for the duration before you left?
Hiya, sorry for the slow reply! We just did it for that one day, as we knew HS would be busy. I bought it at 6.45am that morning ready to book our first ride at 7am as we were on property
POR - May 2015 | DLP Newport Bay - Nov 2016 | SSR - May 2017 | Surprise BC upgrade! - Dec 2018 | ASM & SFR - Nov 2021 | PFB & CBR - Sept 2022 | POP & DCL Magic - June 2023 | PFB - Sept 2023 | DCL Dream - Dec 2023 | Universal - May 2024
catalunya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 12:29 AM  
Link to this Post
catalunya
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by MENTALMUM View Post
How does the genie + work, we are only doing one day, morning in animal kingdom park hopping at 2 to magic kingdom. I thought you could only book one ride at a time and had to be in the park to book, any help would be great as we want to cover as much as we can in one day.
Hiya, you purchase it via the app on the day you want to use it. If you are on property, you can book the first ride at 7am. If you’re off property it is 9am. You then can either book your next ride 2 hours after or if you ride the ride you booked, after that.

I highly recommend you go to Livingbydisney on Instagram or on her website as she gives a really good blow by blow account on how to use it and we used her HS late afternoon strategy- livingbydisney/
POR - May 2015 | DLP Newport Bay - Nov 2016 | SSR - May 2017 | Surprise BC upgrade! - Dec 2018 | ASM & SFR - Nov 2021 | PFB & CBR - Sept 2022 | POP & DCL Magic - June 2023 | PFB - Sept 2023 | DCL Dream - Dec 2023 | Universal - May 2024
catalunya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 01:12 AM  
Link to this Post
catalunya
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
You must have been shattered by the end of the day. A fab morning in MK with all the rides and then stacking up attractions in HS in the afternoon. It sounds like you eally enjoyed your first day and had a great time.
It was amazing, and yes very tiring but totally worth it as we only did 4 Disney days, not enough but we got it done!
Old 18 Nov 21, 01:13 AM  
Link to this Post
catalunya
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Andi View Post
Sounds fabulous, enjoy every minute.

I hadn’t heard of Steakhouse 71 before but after seeing your post I have booked for breakfast in January.

Thanks
You won’t regret it! Excellent choice and the service was top notch.
Old 18 Nov 21, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by catalunya View Post
Currently in a 55 min queue for ToT so thought this was a good time to do todays trip report.

Time difference had us up at 5am but we’d planned for 6 anyway as we had a breakfast reservation at Steakhouse71 for 7.30am.

We got an Uber over to the Contemporary due to the time and got there in good time to check in. They were operating a ‘we’ll text you when our table is ready’ approach to checking in. Only had to wait ten min for our table and we went in.

Lovely atmosphere in there and our server was great, she said they’ve been much busier since the re-theming and that it was the same chefs, just a change to the menu etc.

We had fantastic breakfast. Jamie had the Steakhouse Feast which was absolutely massive. I had the Steak and Eggs, the steak was filet so literally like butter.

We had finished by about 8.30am and MK had opened to hotel guests by then so we wondered over via the walkway and got into MK to see the opening show on stage out the front of the castle.

We didn’t have anything planned for MK so went to Splash and BTM first, followed by Haunted Mansion. We also got on the Peoplemover, teacups and space mountain, all before 12.30!

We park hopped over to HS at 2pm. While we’d been in MK I’d been booking lightning lanes and rides at HS every 2 hours and had got 3 booked - Slinky, Smugglers and RoR. We’d also bought RotR separately too.
Have to say, without Genie+ we wouldn’t have got HS done in an afternoon. We would have LL’d ToT but it closed part way through the day and only one lift shaft was working, that meant lots of people booked it before my window opened again to, so I ended up in the standby line.

We’ve found Genie and Genie+ very useful all in all. If we’d had wanted to, we could have hopped back to MK and used LL there too. It even asked me if I wanted to book an attraction elsewhere as everything in HS was gone. If anyone has any queries about how it worked for us I’d be happy to answer.

Another great day
TOT is my absolute favourite, so pretty all lit up 🤗
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List