Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 14 Nov 21, 04:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Rebecca_
slightly serious Dibber

7th Time's a Charm - November 2021 - Day 3 Blizzard Beach & Outlets

Index is here

After a tiring first couple of days we decided to have a more relaxed day today and head to the waterpark. I've not been to Blizzard Beach since my very first trip when I was 6 and J has never been so we were looking forward to it. I had an alarm set for 8am but woke up at 6am. We had a leisurely morning getting ready and watching TV before grabbing some breakfast at the food court. Both of us were starving so each got an American Platter and shared a kids Mickey Waffles meal. This cost $25.32 after tax.

It was still too early to go to Blizzard Beach so we decided to have a wander around the resort and take some photos. The Toy Story section is very cool - we did request a room in this section when we completed online check in but didn't get one.

We went to the bus stop and got the first bus over to Blizzard Beach at 9:20am. After scanning in a CM was giving everyone chalk and asking them to write on the ground where they were from. When they saw we were from the UK they were very happy and welcomed us back. We've been stopped a few times now by cast members welcoming us back and it's been really lovely! Even though we don't make up huge numbers we have been missed 😀

We grabbed a sun lounger to put of stuff on and then head straight off to so some slides. First up was Runoff Rapids - we did this twice to try an open slide and an enclosed slide. From here he headed over to Downhill Double Dipper and then went to the wave pool. This was okay but we love the wave pool at Typhoon Lagoon so this didn't really compare! It was much tamer. We then decided to have a float around the lazy river for half an hour. J was starting to get cold and wanted to leave soon so we jumped out near the chair lift and got on that.

Up here we went on Summit Plummet. What a great slide! I'm so glad we did it as we almost talked ourselves out of it in the morning. I've done the body plunge slide at Volcano Bay and absolutely hated so was worried this would be the same but we really enjoyed it. By now it was we 12:30pm and we had done everything we wanted to so decided to call it a day. The park was very quiet today, we walked straight on everything. Most of the accents I heard while walking around were British so it must have been far too cold for the locals 😂

We had a freshen up in the room and then got an Uber over to the Vineland Outlets. This cost $13.64. We were hungry again so went straight to the food court for some lunch before hitting the shops. We didn't go too crazy here - I bought a spirit jersey in the Character Warehoure and a couple of pairs of Vans & J got something from Under Armour. We were ready to leave and went to order an Uber and we must have chose a bad time as the price was showing as $48! I checked Lyft and it was similar, but there was an option to book one for $19 if you were willing to wait between 10-24 minutes to be allocated a driver. We did this, which was a mistake as we ended up waiting 50 minutes for our driver.

We relaxed for a bit in the hotel and then decided to go over to Magic Kingdom just to watch Enchantment. We arrived at 6:45pm ish and crowds were just insane. It was a party night so we should have expected it. We found a spot on Main Street but both of us decided we could not be bothered to wait for over an hour when it was already this packed. We have plenty of time left on this holiday to catch it.

J wanted a jacket which was only available in Creations at Epcot so we caught the monorail from the Contemporary to have a look. We didn't bother doing anything else in Epcot as we just wanted to get back to the room and have an early night ready for tomorrow - we have a full day in Hollywood Studios with Genie+.

Edited at 08:26 PM.
Rebecca_ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 21, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Sounds like you had fun at BB, I bet there wasn't much waiting for slides. MK looks very crowded I think I'd have changed my mind too. Better luck next time.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 21, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A good day at the water park 😁

Crikey the price for your trip back was expensive

Joan
Old 14 Nov 21, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

Great sounding day, glad there happy the brits are back as we are all def happy to be back in orlando
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

A good day at Blizzard Beach, the uber always seem to be a bit crazy at the outlets especially when the price suddenly surges. Magic Kingdom looks fab but I think the crowds would have changed my mind too.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
CrazyBaby
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Another great day. Wow that was a bit steep for the Uber! Crazy how the prices can surge at times.
Old 18 Nov 21, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Another fab day, we can't wait to go to Blizzard Beach. Ouch at the Uber price and wait time though. Such a shame you didn't get to see Enchanted but hopefully you get to see it later in the holiday x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Great day 👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Love Blizzard Beach, always good when teh temperature drops and it seems like you get the place to yourself!
Would have done the same as you did for MK - just keep that for another time in the holiday.

Great to see a shopping trip in the middle of all of that too, although the experience with wait times for and prices for Lyft and Uber sound a pain you did not need.

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 21, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
MOUSEMARSH
VIP Dibber

Gotta love Summit Plummit, DD couldn't plummit last visit as not tall enough but next time you'll be able to hear her scream.

Love the Pic of MK lit up, thanks for sharing.

If I added it all up I probably could have bought a 4 Bed Detached House
MOUSEMARSH is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List