Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 17 Nov 21, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

Dog Fest at Crystal Palace Park - just had an e mail from Travel Zoo !
inky1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 21, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by inky1 View Post
Dog Fest at Crystal Palace Park - just had an e mail from Travel Zoo !
Are you allowed to take your dog or is it to buy dog things ?
Old 17 Nov 21, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
Dogs are allowed at Dog fest. We have one here every year at Knebworth.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 21, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Donz1979 View Post
Polar Express is amazing, my boy is 10 now so not really interested in this sort of thing. Trying to think where to go Christmas Eve, I fancied Beamish but again he not keen.

Fenwicks window is very meh!
It’s a difficult age ! I’m just making the most of these early years where everything is exciting ( she bloody loved Fenwicks window, thought it was hilarious!)

Yeah, not sure Beamish that exciting for him either.

Could you take him and his mates out for a pizza? Or have his mates round for a games night ( as in X box) and a pizza?
It’s hard when you want to do something special as a family but they feel too old for it all!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 21, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

Have a look on Travelzoo they have a section on Christmas activities but I saw this and remembered you !
inky1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 21, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post

We went to The Hard Rock Cafe on Friday it was lovely x
One opened on Newcastle Quayside earlier this year and haven’t been yet.
It will remind me of Citywalk, and we usually visit that one 3 or 4 times in the fortnight we are there . Love the food and atmosphere.

Not sure I will be trying the Why Aye burger though!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

We are going to the tunnels at Charlestown in Cornwall which are all lit up. No idea what it will be like, but with a 13 year old it’s tricky. I’m also doing a few local shopping trips with lunch with friends and a Garland making afternoon with afternoon tea included.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 21, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Dh decided we aren’t paying £80 to walk through a park to look at some lights, he said we’d walk through some light up towns and go for a meal and a pint in a dog friendly pub! I think he could be right
Old 25 Nov 21, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

We have 5 nights in London to try and feel festive!
I’ve booked Frozen one night, Poppins another, DS has a concert on another which should really get us feeling Christmassy and then we have 2 nights spare 🤔
I’m about to look up the Selfridges market Sandra as I’ve never heard of it.
I quite like wandering along the South Bank but I’m afraid I really do moan when I’m cold so that’s kind of weather dependent 😬
We are also booked to see Panto on Xmas eve so surely this will be enough to feel festive? We need snow

We went to the Christmas market at Winchester Cathedral yesterday. It’s really scaled back this year and no nice skating. I understand why but it’s just not got the same feel at all

Edited at 02:00 PM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 21, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
I’m not sure we’ll go to Selfridges market, it’s free to book but my husband hates London and would rather go for a drive to a pub and have a nice meal and walk the dog. Visting relatives and having family over also takes up lots of days. If we are not doing anything on the 20th we will go, I love London