Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Nov 21, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Do you get decent Black Friday deals on Hotels ?

Black Friday approaches and I need to book around 8 more Hotels for Oct/November next year..
Monterey
Pismo, Santa Barbara or Solvang.
Vegas
Tucson
San Diego.

You will note that these are straight forward hotels, not in any way theme park related. Is it worth waiting for Black Friday.. or is it generally irrelevant?

I have never been looking for Hotels in the Black Friday period, so I don’t know the answer!

Thanks in advance.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

I think it’s mostly a marketing ploy and I suspect careful researchers / price checkers may not pick up any particular bargains.
Old 16 Nov 21, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
kateb78
VIP Dibber

So glad you’re finally properly able to plan and book!

I booked around this time of year for our March trip. I don’t remember anything specific being better about Black Friday but I kept my eyes peeled for Expedia/ebookers/booking.com discount codes. They came up regularly for 10-15% off. I was forever booking and re-booking but had most luck with Expedia being the cheapest.

I also used them for some attraction tickets and got USS Midway and the trolley tour in San Diego for half price.
kateb78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by kateb78 View Post
So glad you’re finally properly able to plan and book!

I booked around this time of year for our March trip. I don’t remember anything specific being better about Black Friday but I kept my eyes peeled for Expedia/ebookers/booking.com discount codes. They came up regularly for 10-15% off. I was forever booking and re-booking but had most luck with Expedia being the cheapest.

I also used them for some attraction tickets and got USS Midway and the trolley tour in San Diego for half price.
That is really helpful. I certainly want to visit Midway again. It may be on a ‘Gosandiego’ ticket, though.

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Funny you should ask this question, CFB. I just got an email today from Humphrey's Half Moon Inn in San Diego offering me early access to their Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale before it goes to the public. They are doing a BOGO sale...buy one night, get the second for 50% off. It is for stays through May 26, 2022, and has to be booked by December 3rd.

So, I guess there are some hotels that are doing Black Friday sales. I had no idea this was a thing until I got the email today. Maybe you should consider getting on the email list for the hotels you are going to be staying at in case they announce any deals, too- or check their websites early on Black Friday (and Cyber Monday).

Planning a trip to San Diego? Check out my San Diego planning guide at the link below:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1047941
Aims is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Aims View Post
Funny you should ask this question, CFB. I just got an email today from Humphrey's Half Moon Inn in San Diego offering me early access to their Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale before it goes to the public. They are doing a BOGO sale...buy one night, get the second for 50% off. It is for stays through May 26, 2022, and has to be booked by December 3rd.

So, I guess there are some hotels that are doing Black Friday sales. I had no idea this was a thing until I got the email today. Maybe you should consider getting on the email list for the hotels you are going to be staying at in case they announce any deals, too- or check their websites early on Black Friday (and Cyber Monday).
Standard practice in many hotel chains is to raise the prices so when the discount is applied it’s more or less what the price was anyway…

I’m not saying this is the case with Humphrey’s, because I don’t know - but it definitely is with many of them!
Old 16 Nov 21, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Standard practice in many hotel chains is to raise the prices so when the discount is applied it’s more or less what the price was anyway…

I’m not saying this is the case with Humphrey’s, because I don’t know - but it definitely is with many of them!
Yes, exactly the same as Airlines, Holiday Companies etc.

Old 16 Nov 21, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
Black Friday approaches and I need to book around 8 more Hotels for Oct/November next year..
Monterey
Pismo, Santa Barbara or Solvang.
Vegas
Tucson
San Diego.

You will note that these are straight forward hotels, not in any way theme park related. Is it worth waiting for Black Friday.. or is it generally irrelevant?

I have never been looking for Hotels in the Black Friday period, so I don’t know the answer!

Thanks in advance.
Booked some hotels today for clients doing a multicentre and noticed the Boston hotel included a Black Friday offer and this did make a difference to the cost and included breakfast as an extra
So some will, probably more likely to be the bigger chains
Old 16 Nov 21, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post

Ahhh, sneaky! But I have no doubt this happens.

Planning a trip to San Diego? Check out my San Diego planning guide at the link below:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1047941
Aims is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 21, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

The hotel I want for the Orlando side of my trip includes a Black Friday sale room upgrade to the next category which would save us £400- my dates wont be out for another week though so I am hoping the offer is still there

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List