Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Nov 21, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
It's that time of the year

Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 21, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

DD sent this to me, insinuating that it was me !

Might turn on the heating next week….

Disney332
Old 17 Nov 21, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

This is me because I hate the house feeling hot. My standard response is 'put a jumper on!'.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 21, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

Jim Royale said he could never say where he was at a given time but what was a certainty was that the immersion heater would be on.
I think you have to be my age to appreciate that. Hot water was rationed in my youth.
Feebee2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 21, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My daughter last week walking round in shorts and a vest top asking can we put the heating on! Maybe we should of because she’s back at uni and she’s ill now! 😳

Edited at 07:29 PM.
Sandra & co is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 21, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

Mine gets put on when it's cold or sometimes we go to bed early to watch TV 😁
My husband is still wearing shorts all the time (he's not a postman)he doesn't feel the cold.😁
Scotsmomma2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 21, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

We used to set ourselves a challenge to see how long we could hold off but not any more!

Our lounge windows have massive gaps at the tops where the friction stays have worn and it’s blooming freezing when the wind picks up. They’re being re-hung in a few weeks time and I cannot wait! The gaps are huge. You can fit your fingers through. Even OH says it’s cold in there

Edited at 08:30 PM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 21, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

When I was young we had those stupid louvred windows.

I had the box room and my parents never agreed that I had ice on the inside of my window!

Once they started splitting up and I’d moved into my sister’s room after she’d moved out, suddenly my dad agreed there was ice in my box room !

I've always said no-one in my house will need to wear socks, long sleeve tops or jumpers before the heating goes on!

Luckily our house is so warm we can even need the ceiling fans on in winter here!

ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 21, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby
Imagineer

Our heating is on nearly all the time at the moment. DH is still working from home in a very sedentary job and works in our spare bedroom which has always been colder than the rest of the house despite having adjustable valves on the radiators. When I get in from work I turn the thermostat down only for him to turn it up again the next day.

Hopefully the money he is saving on commuting will cover the extra gas bill.
Libby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List