Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 18 Nov 21, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
You will still be able to take your grandkids to the US just not do a disney cruise. Entry requirements to the US are currently not changing.
Thanks for the positive slant bighal; I needed that we have until December 1st to make a decision whether to cancel the whole trip or just the cruise.
We're amongst the DVC owners who have made bookings and hoping to get them back via the International Policy once our Use Year arrives; this amounts to 3 years worth of of points, so a lot is hanging on making the right decision.
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
mermaids1960
Getting excited

mermaids1960's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 19
Big decision for them to make, my Daughter and family had been due to cruise in April, two of her children age 13 just had COVID so unable to even have first jab for a while

Owner at Animal Kingdom
mermaids1960 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by mermaids1960 View Post
Big decision for them to make, my Daughter and family had been due to cruise in April, two of her children age 13 just had COVID so unable to even have first jab for a while
I'm not sure it is (a big decision)...

Taking a quick look at comments in the other place last night, the news seemed to be received positively by most, and we have to remember that most of DCL's trade will be Americans.

Beyond that, there seemed to be a suggestion that this was essentially a Bahamian requirement, so DCL have to comply in order to visit Bahamian territory, which includes Castaway Cay of course. I've not bothered to go and investigate that further so please don't take this as gospel.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
phi2012
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Just contacted my agent is the US to get them to cancel our Aug 22 cruise. So gutted. But I know there is no way we'll be able to have all 5-11s double jabbed by then, and that was if our govt allowed it (which obviously at the moment they aren't).
So lucky I haven't told the kids yet. Just keeping all crossed that they don't amend the US entry requirements 🤞, so trying to stay positive about the rest of our holiday to new york and Orlando.
Pain that our flight home goes from miami too, as no need to drive all the way down there just for that. 🤦
phi2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
2waterford
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by phi2012 View Post
Just contacted my agent is the US to get them to cancel our Aug 22 cruise. So gutted. But I know there is no way we'll be able to have all 5-11s double jabbed by then, and that was if our govt allowed it (which obviously at the moment they aren't).
So lucky I haven't told the kids yet. Just keeping all crossed that they don't amend the US entry requirements 🤞, so trying to stay positive about the rest of our holiday to new york and Orlando.
Pain that our flight home goes from miami too, as no need to drive all the way down there just for that. 🤦
Even in the US and Israel where there is a roll out of 5/11 year old vaccination, is it not just one jab, 1/3 strength or is it 2 jabs 1/3 strength
2waterford is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeybell1210
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
It would be pretty easy to find accommodation and food for a small % of what you would have been spending on a Disney cruise.
Hardly the end to a holiday you want. Burning 3 days in budget accommodation and wasting the annual leave.

I'd like to put the days and money saved from the cruise to something other than 3 days of budget accommodation / meals / activities with young kids.

Edited at 01:04 PM.
mickeybell1210 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

I'm probably in the minority. If applies to the summer 2022 European cruises then I'm happy about this change. It will mean less children on my cruise and less risk of Covid on my cruise. I know Covid wont "be gone" but anything that lessons the risk is good to me.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

If some in Congress have their way nobody who is not vaccinated will be able to fly in or too USA

flyertalk/articles/c...&utm_campaign=

This may fail mind. Does not yet have POTUS backing
Old 18 Nov 21, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gavvy View Post
If some in Congress have their way nobody who is not vaccinated will be able to fly in or too USA

flyertalk/articles/c...&utm_campaign=

This may fail mind. Does not yet have POTUS backing
and again, reducing the risk for me when I fly to USA, so I'm all for it .
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bad Pink Tink View Post
and again, reducing the risk for me when I fly to USA, so I'm all for it .
I am for it too, but then I don't have kids who are unable to meet the rules, so it throws a massive spanner in works for families with young children.

Hopefully the UK will just allow everyone 2 vaccines, there is enough evidence now I think that the risk of side affects is very low in minors, and its not as if we don't have the stock. apparently the UK threw away 600,000 does of AZ last year as they went out of date.