Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 18 Nov 21, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Elbee
VIP Dibber

Restaurant Availability - struggling

We are struggling to book any meals anywhere for lunch or dinners at Disney in the first few days in December - anyone else having issues or just me? Tried to book Brown Debynfor Friday 3rd Dec - no times coming up at all, tried Via Napoli at Epcot for dinner later on nothing. Can’t get anything at all 😳now I know we won’t starve but it’s the first time I’ve ever not been able to book anything at all 🙀 It’s just me and a gal pal going for a few days so 🤷
Elbee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
There was another thread on this recently.

Availability seems to be very tight, even at 60 days, for a lot of the popular spots. A combination of restricted capacity in some open spots (due to covid and/or staff shortages), a few places still closed and high hotel occupancy meaning that there's simply not enough dining spaces to go around unfortunately.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

As above. It's a case of sign up to alerts from reservation finders (Mouse Dining, Touring Plans, etc) and crossing fingers for a cancellation.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

I found the same (arriving on 30 November for 3 weeks), especially for my first week. We’re just going to go offsite on days we haven’t got anything booked.
saratogajan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

I reckon we'll be eating off-site most of the time,very little availability in the parks,Disney Springs seem to have more,The Boathouse shows for lots of dates,I remember when it used to be a hard one to get booked over Christmas,Beaches and Cream at the Beach Club used to be a hard one to get too,but since they expanded it it seems a lot easier.
Scotsmomma2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Of all the supposed and actual reductions in offering that people are unhappy about, I think it's this somewhat silent one that would get to me most.

A big part of our WDW trips are the meals we get to enjoy as a family, both in the parks and the resorts (and Disney Springs) and our enjoyment would be diminished somewhat if we had to spend time travelling to and fro off-site for meals.

In most cases we're perfectly happy to pay more when we dine at WDW, and we have a list of family favourites which don't let us down.

I hope they are able to get back to full capacity across the entire operation as soon as possible.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

We are here now and although you can’t guarantee exactly what will appear a really good selection of places opens up the night before as people holding spots cancel on the 24hr rule. I can literally sit watching reservations appear as I refresh the page from about 8:30 pm onwards.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida Gator
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
We are here now and although you can’t guarantee exactly what will appear a really good selection of places opens up the night before as people holding spots cancel on the 24hr rule. I can literally sit watching reservations appear as I refresh the page from about 8:30 pm onwards.
We have done this too for most of our reservations. It’s worked really well for us. We are off to the yachtsman steakhouse tonight with a reservation that we got last night.
Florida Gator is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
Yup, I'm holding about 4 Plaza ADRs right now because I haven't decided which day to go. The day I'm most likely to go isn't at a great time though, so I'm leaning towards cancelling that one and then waitlisting a table on the day. It's my first one so can then cancel the rest if I get a spot.

Edited at 02:25 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Yup, I'm holding about 4 Plaza ADRs right now because I haven't decided which day to go. The day I'm most likely to go isn't at a great time though, so I'm leaning towards cancelling that one and then waitlisting a table on the day. It's my first one so can then cancel the rest if I get a spot.
At a wider scale, this may also be part of the problem.

Scarcity of options mean people book far more than they need, to give themselves flexibility - "I don't want to be without a dinner option at all" - knowing they'll cancel multiple ones later.

It's the dining version of panic-buying fuel.

Part One
Part Two