Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 19 Nov 21, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
catalunya
Excited about Disney

It's Only Been 1063 days - Sapphire Falls issues + Day 6

Continuation of Day 5 into early hours of Day 6 - issue at Sapphire Falls
I'll start this day with a bit of a sour note on an experience at SFR, which I forgot to put into my Day 5 report.

When we went into our room at SFR on the first evening (PM on the Saturday), we heard one of the air vents going - seemingly constantly extracting air - and we presumed it was the air con and therefore turned it off as it was so so loud and constantly going. This didn't stop at all. I couldn't believe this was normal for the room but it was late by the time we got back after a full day at Disney and travelling over and we were knackered - we decided to leave it and if it was still going the next day, to let Concierge know.

We managed to sleep through the noise and woke up on Day 5 early as we were heading to the parks. We didn't say anything to Concierge then either as we didn't want to miss early opening but said we would when we got back.

After dinner at Vivo, we got back and the noise was still going on the vent. It was so loud I couldn't even hear the telly and I was convinced it wasn't normal.

I went down to Concierge around 10pm, I appreciate it was late but they just couldn't understand what I was trying to tell them and even asked if it was the A/C! I mean, come on I am not that stupid. I explained where the vent was, that the A/C was off etc. They said they would try and get an engineer to the room to have a look but that was late and they couldn't guarantee it. I pushed a little and said I wouldn't be able to sleep if they didnt.

The lady at Concierge promised to give me a call in the room to update me in the following ten minutes, so we went back to the room. We didnt hear anything from them within 30 minutes so I called back down to Concierge. As soon as they realised it was me, I got put through to the Front Desk Manager who assured me that an engineer had visited the room. I can say for sure they hadnt, we'd been there the whole time and there was no way someone had been in during the 3 minutes it took us to get from Concierge back to the room. I told the guy this and he then told me that the Engineering Supervisor was coming on shift at 11pm and that he would turn off the vent to the room and then investigate the issue the next day.

Happy with this, we attempted to go to sleep, however the vent noise was so loud, I could hear it through my ear plugs!

At 11.45pm, the noise still hadn't stopped and I hadn't had a call from Concierge to explain what had happened. I was getting relatively annoyed now. I rang back down and I was put through to someone else, who explained they couldn't shut the vent down without shutting it down across the hotel.

They finally offered to swap us into another room. We agreed. We went down with our stuff to reception and were given our new keys. I looked at the room number and it seemed familiar, however, I didnt realise why until we dragged all our stuff to the door to find a 'do not disturb' sign on it - the staff had only given us 1. a room that was occupied and 2. (if you read my previous day 4 report) the room they had tried to previously allocate us to yesterday which luckily the staff member noticed was occupied!

I literally couldn't believe it, I was so angry at this point! It was after midnight and all I wanted was a quiet room so I could get my sleep. So back we went to reception again and they of course apologised and give us another set of keys with this time an empty and quiet room.

I was really disappointed with how SFR handled this. If they had just sent a member of the team up to the room to see and hear the issue in the first place and confirmed it wasn't normal, this could've been resolved much quicker. I believe they thought we were moaning about noise that was normally part of the room, when we weren't. I was made it feel like I was causing a problem. I will be emailing them about this formally.

Day 6 – Shopping and Universal

Right, now I have told you that long story, I can start properly on Day 6. I woke up to a quiet room thankfully(!) this morning and could have a bit of a lay in as we weren’t heading to the parks.

We took an Uber to the Simon Premium Outlets (the ones nearest Universal) and managed to get some good bargains in Yankee Candle – 5 large jars for $56 and in Michael Kors – a handbag and a backpack for $260 – or £170 - unbelievably good value. I had signed up to the Simon VIP website that morning and found the extra discounts you used to get via the booklet you’d get from information and just each time showed it on my phone to get the extra off (15% in Michael Kors over $250!)

We didn’t buy much else to be honest as we’ve become more picky now when we go out there and check to make sure what we’re buying is good value.

We headed back to the hotel around 2pm and then decided to do our favourite tradition – the Islands of Adventure water triple! We did this on our first trip and its become a bit of thing since! We start by riding River Adventure, then Ripsaw Falls and finish on Bilge Rat Barges. We always come out completed drenched by the end - we wear our swimwear and flip flops to help! We then went back to the room to get showered and changed for an early dinner at Hard Rock.

Had a good time at Hard Rock, although, I was a little saddened that they’ve shrunk the menu down massively because of Covid and they weren’t even doing the Local Legendary burger.

We then went back into the parks to see everything at night and rode a few things before heading back to the room. I am pleased to report that it was all still quiet when we got back!

POR - May 2015 | DLP Newport Bay - Nov 2016 | SSR - May 2017 | Surprise BC upgrade! - Dec 2018 | ASM & SFR - Nov 2021 | PFB & CBR - Sept 2022 | POP & DCL Magic - June 2023 | PFB - Sept 2023 | DCL Dream - Dec 2023 | Universal - May 2024

Edited at 03:43 PM. Reason: title & pics
catalunya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 21, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
dannigizmo
Serious Dibber

How can they not no a room is already allocated to someone!

Glad u got it sorted and love the 3 water ride challenge, might aswell jump in a pool you get that wet
dannigizmo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 21, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
catalunya
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by dannigizmo View Post
How can they not no a room is already allocated to someone!

Glad u got it sorted and love the 3 water ride challenge, might aswell jump in a pool you get that wet
I know, it’s crazy isn’t it. I know they were having IT system problems from when we checked in but surely you know what rooms are allocated even if you write it down!

Haha… yes definitely may as well have gone swimming tbh, but it’s such a giggle!
POR - May 2015 | DLP Newport Bay - Nov 2016 | SSR - May 2017 | Surprise BC upgrade! - Dec 2018 | ASM & SFR - Nov 2021 | PFB & CBR - Sept 2022 | POP & DCL Magic - June 2023 | PFB - Sept 2023 | DCL Dream - Dec 2023 | Universal - May 2024
catalunya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
flo-tinka
Apprentice Imagineer

Oh dear re room issues 🤦🏼
IofA water triple! Hoping for a hot day in December so we can do similar
flo-tinka is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Oh no, what a faff with the room, that's not what you need when you're shattered and just want to sleep.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

How disappointing about your room 😟
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Happy you managed to get a better room
Good bargains at Michael Kors , love a bag bargain
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List