Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 20 Nov 21, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Quiet places at Yacht/Beach Club

We are looking to go back to WDW May 2023 which could possibly be our last trip.

We will be there for 21 nights, 5 at Universal and 16 at WDW. We have finally narrowed down our Disney accommodation to either Grand Destino Tower at CSR or Yacht Club. There are pros and cons to both but what appeals to me about CSR is the quietness of the resort. As YC is so near to Epcot, Boardwalk etc and attracts a lot of foot traffic from those not staying there, is it always loud and busy? Are there any spots you can just sit and chill in the peace and quiet?

When we stayed at a villa on the last trip we had 2 nights at the Boardwalk Villas and whilst the location was amazing I’m not sure if it would be too much for the whole 16 weeks.
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Smiths
slightly serious Dibber

Disney Smiths's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Having stayed for many years at the Beach Club it’s not the resort that’s noisy from passers by, we find the walls in the rooms sooooo thin. We’ve had snorers, coughers and. those up for a mid night wee - you can hear it all! You can’t beat the resort for beauty and locality but I do wish Disney would spend money on these considerations and put some good sound-proofing in place when building these hotels.

CSR amazing though not been to the Grand Destino yet so can’t comment on that. Have you considered The Swan and Dolphin? Had a couple of stays there and don’t remember having any noise issues but the same amazing locality as BC/YC.

I’m jealous! 😩😩
Old 20 Nov 21, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

We stayed at the Yacht Club for a week - it was years ago - and the whole hotel felt calm and peaceful compared the the Beach Club next door (we have also stayed here, but at the villas).

There are plenty of quiet spaces at the Yacht Club
Old 20 Nov 21, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We've stayed at both Y&BC lots of times and often take a book and drink to a quiet pool for an hour - really nice, as are the lounge bars. The conservatory at BC is a lovely place to chill out too. Even the YC lobby is relaxing, and there are lots of little areas upstairs with chairs / sofas etc.
We've never had a problem with noise in either hotel, but we always ask for a room without a communicating door if possible.

Edited at 01:20 PM.
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

YC/BC have plenty of quiet corners and seating areas, if it was me I would go with YC as we love the Crescent Lake area and being in walking distance of 2 parks.
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

I can’t say I’ve ever noticed noise from adjoining rooms at Beach Club.
It’s a small resort and in our experience never seems loud and crowded. However, with the skyliner station at the international gateway and the possibility of the Swalphin guests using the buses, we have wondered if it will seem busier

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

I did not find YC remotely loud or busy when we stayed there, although when I ventured into the BC reception area that was noticeably busier.

I have never stayed at CSR, although we would definitely be interested to try the Tower out one day. But if money was no consideration, there is no way I would pick CSR above the YC, due to location.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List