Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 Nov 21, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Dinoland

Do you think Disney will close this area soon? Would you miss it?

Just watching theme park worldwide walking through it now and I think we ll give the whole area a miss on our upcoming short trip

What do you think they’d replace it with if it does go?
Old 20 Nov 21, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Primeval Whirl is closing but no mention of the rest, in current climate I think it unlikely to close as they don't have any money to replace it IYKWIM They are struggling to finish the projects they have & some big plans have literally turned into "give it a lick on paint!"
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I've been thinking this for a few years, and especially this year as interest in the area is also pretty much extinct. Haven't seen a long wait time for Dinosaur in ages.

Rumours for years is that they'd retheme Dinosaur to Indiana Jones like in Disneyland, since it uses the same track system so a relatively cheap job. Could potentially move the stage show over from HS which would free up a big chunk of space desperately needed over there - although it might be too noisy. Not sure the IJ franchise really suits the AK message, but I also don't think the current management care about that - especially now Rohde is gone.

Hoping for them to announce something at D23 today.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
I've been thinking this for a few years, and especially this year as interest in the area is also pretty much extinct. Haven't seen a long wait time for Dinosaur in ages.

Rumours for years is that they'd retheme Dinosaur to Indiana Jones like in Disneyland, since it uses the same track system so a relatively cheap job. Could potentially move the stage show over from HS which would free up a big chunk of space desperately needed over there - although it might be too noisy. Not sure the IJ franchise really suits the AK message, but I also don't think the current management care about that - especially now Rohde is gone.

Hoping for them to announce something at D23 today.

Yes Indiana Jones would fit perfectly!
Ooh D23 today?! Where can we go for updates from it?
Old 20 Nov 21, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
Yes Indiana Jones would fit perfectly!
Ooh D23 today?! Where can we go for updates from it?
All of the Disney news sites will be covering it, D23 are also livestreaming it on their YT channel. Due to start 2pm our time.

youtube/DisneyD23

Another option I heard somewhere continuing the IJ theme was bringing over the Paris IJ coaster to replace PW. Basically, IJ seems to be the main rumour. Not much new imagineering needed as they already have all the attractions, so all quick wins.

Edited at 11:45 AM.
Old 20 Nov 21, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
Primeval Whirl is closing but no mention of the rest, in current climate I think it unlikely to close as they don't have any money to replace it IYKWIM They are struggling to finish the projects they have & some big plans have literally turned into "give it a lick on paint!"
SD
Primeval Whirl is completely gone. It’s left a huge gaping hole ready to be filled with something else and Disney definitely have the money available to build. Profits are up, portion sizes are going down.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

I don’t think anything is going to happen anytime soon. I’d hope they would put something new in Dinoland before retheming dinosaur to IJ, don’t really want to lose another ride. I enjoy dinosaur but IJ is a much better version.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

I like Dinosaur! ...But Indiana Jones would be good, too. Closing Primeval Whirl suggests they have some kind of bigger plan afoot, I would think.

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Absolutely nothing new for any of the parks announced in Josh's segment.
Old 22 Nov 21, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

I think Dinoland looks great at night but not sure how this will be affected by the removal of primeval whirl

Just read the below on Reddit but it’s an opinion and two years old
I think it's pretty obvious at this point that the ride will never open back up. Zero communication but the ride has been shut down for weeks and fast passes are being canceled as soon as they are made. This is most likely a reaction to this incident bbc/news/uk-england-...shire-48474770 where an almost identical coaster had a very bad injury.

Edited at 07:59 AM.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List